PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Technical Help & Information > Other Parts and Accessories

Notices

Other Parts and Accessories Tech info/help for: Headset, Handlebar, Handle Post, Grips
Hydration bags, Lighting Products, Cyclo-computer, SPDs, Clipless
and other Accessories and parts not found on other categories.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Cross-country

Default Re: recommended shoes and flat pedal

depends on the type of ride and riding style. Sometimes I just wear Vans when city riding. It has a strong grip on my Truvativ and MKS flat pedals. When the condition would be wet and I'll going to the trails I use my Adidas Mali. Its cool and comfortable while riding. It has drainage system that keeps your feet dry after a wet ride. So you got 2 votes now for Adidas Mali.

For flat pedals I can recommend Truvativ. It is light weigth and it grips your shoes (gum sole and trek shoes) perfectly.

Most of the time specially on trail rides I go clipless Im using the Adidas Hematoma.
Links
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Bike Fanatic

Default Re: Bike Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePot View Post
My Sandugo Tootega is just two months old. And, I used it for biking only (twice or thrice weekly).

So far, okay naman sya. Buo pa rin.

Will just post here kung magkaroon sya ng sira o diperensya.
My Sandugo Tootega is already 4 months old and still intact.

Palagi lang lumuluwag ang mga sintas.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM

Default Flat Pedals

Mod's Note: PLEASE DO A SEARCH BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD to avoid cluttering the board with redundant thread..

Hi all, been looking for a good flat pedal (Kona wah-wah and the likes) cant find LBS selling so far. Where can i find good flat pedals po ba?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
All-Mountain

Default Re: Flat Pedals

Yung Kona meron ata sa Bikezilla. Kulay gray. Call first. I forgot the price, pero medyo namahalan ako :funnyface:
Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 PM

Tnx, called bikezilla, medyo mahal nga..anyway, would like to request for inputs, any good flat pedal options na easy to find here.tnx
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM

SHIMANO DX PD-MX30 and truvativ holzfeller pedals maganda din pero not sure kung may available since im looking also...
Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 PM

i have one of the same (SHIMANO DX PD-MX30)......brand is "dabomb", this is new and never been used

i can sell it to you if interested, simply pm me
Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Buy good platform shoes instead like Five Ten Freerider or Impact 2 ... and your feet will stick to any pedal with traction pins. :D Believe me - proper shoes are better investment than pedals.

Having said that .. I love my Straitline pedals ... pogi kasi - and durable because there are no bearings to break (plastic bushing). Also want the point1 racing Podium pedals ... :D
Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Bike Fanatic

+1 ako sa shoes.
Exustar pedals are also good for the price. Xpedos are rather expensive.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Cross-country

+1 on exustar pedals. ganito gamet ko hehe mura pa
Links
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Bike Commuter

bros, where can i get a shimano Mt41 mtb shoes? tnx
Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Bike Commuter

Nike Dunk or Force Edition shoes
Wellgo WR-1 Flat Pedals

Old 03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
All-Mountain

mga sir what is the brand of rubber shoes that you use for your biking aside from cleat shoes. TIA
Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Bike Commuter

yung mga street/urban mtbikers usually naka nike 6.0 or any brand na waffle soles,,
Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Downhiller

for those planning to use those sandals for trail rides, let me share something.

there was someone who was seriously injured (as in strong bleeding, almost unable to walk) in one of the longer rides last year.

to get down from the trail the trailmaster had to fetch him with a tricycle.

what happened? chainring caught his heel. very deep cuts. nasty. i think he wasn't able to ride for a month.

comfort vs. safety? is it worth the sacrifice?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Bike Fanatic

+1 ako.

I wouldn't recommend anything with open toes or open heels for trail biking. Around the house or subdivision maybe but generally it's a bad idea. Too many things that can go wrong. It only needs to happen once.

Most athletic shoes puede naman gamitin especially skate shoes/indoor (badminton/futsal) shoes with gum soles as long as you mind the placement of laces - or better yet switch to yankz or boa constrictors. Outdoor shoes with vibram soles and relatively flat treads will work also.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Bike Commuter

Tootega user here since October 2009. I have been using it for jogging, trekking, MTB, Road Biking when I am not wearing my Road Shoes, malling, in the beach... nalaban na sa putikan, sa full marathon, sa ulan and it is still strong as ever. What I like about the shoes aside from comfort is that it dries fast after washing...it will be ready for use after approximately 1.5 hrs or less under the sunlight of course.

I am due to buy a brown pair anytime soon.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Suspended

For Tootega users..
How's the cushioning of these shoes? Do they provide good shock-absortion for running?
How about outsole grip? Isn't the outsole slippery on wet rocks? On platform pedals?
Tootegas seem to be a good alternative as trail/wet riding shoes.

I'm using the New Balance 92O H2Flow shoes with Vibram outsoles. Had them for several months now and I seem to be getting used to paring them with platform pedals. They have a very effective water drainage system and they dry very quickly. They have very good grip even when wet. Cushioning is good for running. The soles are durable and havent seen damage from pedal pins. But the price is quite high at P3,600.

I have the gray/green colored pair though.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Cross-country

Mga sir, would you recommend yung mga branded colored plastic platform pedals for trails? I got hold of a da bomb brand sa isang lbs and nagulat ako kasi it's very light. Makapit kaya at durable? Tnx
Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Suspended

Here's my recommended pairing of shoes and platform pedals. I've been using these for 4 months already.

SHOES:

New Balance 92O
Price: Php 3,600
Pros: These shoes were designed for wet use as they have the H2Flow drainage system. They dry quickly. They have Vibram soles that are very grippy even on wet rocks (thanks to the siped portions of the soles). The soles have yet to show wear or damage from contact with pedal pins. These shoes are very light and comfortable for hike-and-bike use.
Cons: Very flexible. If you're used to the stiffness of cycling shoes, then you'd most likely hate the flex of these shoes. They're so flexible that it seems like you can actually feel your feet holding the pedals. They don't have a sturdy toe box so they offer little protection against trail obstacles.

PEDALS:

Venzo VZ-004 "Freeride" pedals
Price: Php 2,500
Pros: These pedals are very light at 360 grams per pair (according to Park Tools digital scale). They have well-spaced well-placed 12 pins per pedal face, total of 48 pins all in all. Pins are alumnimum for light weight. They spin around sealed bearings. And the body of the pedal is one-piece aluminum, unlike the 380-gram Xpedo Face Off MX11 which has removable platform parts.
Cons: They have quite a tight preload on the bearings so they don't rotate freely. The aluminum pins deform rather quickly from rock strikes. No supplied replacement pins included in the box.

PS. I have recently purchased a pair of Five Ten Impact shoes. They will be put to the test immediately to see how they fair against my New Balance 92Os.
Links

Tags
cleatless, mtb, newbie, shoes