PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Technical Help & Information > Other Parts and Accessories

Notices

Other Parts and Accessories Tech info/help for: Headset, Handlebar, Handle Post, Grips
Hydration bags, Lighting Products, Cyclo-computer, SPDs, Clipless
and other Accessories and parts not found on other categories.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 10-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Cross-country

Default Bike / Biking Shoes

Guys,

Inquire ko lang kung alam nyo ung brand ng shoes na to;

Owner of the shoe,

Ma'am sorry for posting your picture. Nagtatanong lang yung friend ko kasi type nya shoes mo :)

MARTIN
Links
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM

bike shoes ba ito martin?

seems like the sandugo outdoor shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by renemartingo View Post
Guys,

Inquire ko lang kung alam nyo ung brand ng shoes na to;

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m...o/BabeShoe.jpg

Owner of the shoe,

Ma'am sorry for posting your picture. Nagtatanong lang yung friend ko kasi type nya shoes mo :)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Cross-country

Hi Marose,

Hindi ata sya bike shoes. Parang beach shoes sya but type ng friend ko pang bike:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marose View Post
bike shoes ba ito martin?

seems like the sandugo outdoor shoes...

MARTIN
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Martz, those are Storm rubber shoes/sandals by Sandugo. I own a pair of those, in all-black with red logo. Very good for wet rides (drains water in the soles' holes). Not good for hiking (outer sole surface is not at all grippy). I had mine modified by bonding grippy treaded rubber under the sole. These shoes are very comfy, good for platform pedals. However, they're not tough, can be easily scraped or ripped by sharp rocks or thorns.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Cross-country

Thanks Bro :) Galing mo talaga hindi lang sa Bike parts, pati accessories.:thumbsup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgearsolid View Post
Martz, those are Storm rubber shoes/sandals by Sandugo. I own a pair of those, in all-black with red logo. Very good for wet rides (drains water in the soles' holes). Not good for hiking (outer sole surface is not at all grippy). I had mine modified by bonding grippy treaded rubber under the sole. These shoes are very comfy, good for platform pedals. However, they're not tough, can be easily scraped or ripped by sharp rocks or thorns.

MARTIN
Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by renemartingo View Post
Thanks Bro :) Galing mo talaga hindi lang sa Bike parts, pati accessories.:thumbsup:
Hehe, it just so happened that during my initiation ride as a newbie (rode Maarat with buddy Mojiks), these were the shoes that I used. Ngayon ginagamit ko na lang pang-mall..:)
Old 10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgearsolid View Post
Hehe, it just so happened that during my initiation ride as a newbie (rode Maarat with buddy Mojiks), these were the shoes that I used. Ngayon ginagamit ko na lang pang-mall..:)
tama po sandugo nga po yan, i have one all black.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Bike Shoes

kilala ko me ari nyan!

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m...o/BabeShoe.jpg

eto pa...

sandugo nga yan at nabili sa isa sa mga sportshops sa mga malls. ok naman daw na pang mtb pero after almost a year, papalitan na at medyo masisira na yung straps.

bike family
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Single-Speeder

I also have review on this type of shoes, but mine is not sandugo. I use crocs and columbia brand...

For a simple bike ride in the street, I found out that this shoes is easily damage by the spikes on the flatform. nagkakabutas butas yong sole nya. malambot kasi...

My conclusion, this is really good for walking and not for biking...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Bike Fanatic

Default recommended shoes and flat pedal

I personally use nike turf football(soccer) shoes because they're slim (indi ma tamaan ng chain ring), have a stiff footbed, and have spikes to dig into the pedal gaps, and medyo matigas and sole so indi kaagad masira ng pedal pins. The spikes are okay for walking also. Kaso lang there are times that I lose my footing in rough terrain. You could check them out. They're usually on sale in nike shops or athlete's foot/planet sports. Just a choose a non kenkoy color. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. - I have 5 10 hiking shoes with stealth rubber soles on the way which could be a lot better for platforms.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Single-Speeder

Default Re: Light Platform Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
any recommendation as to what shoe should i use for platform pedals during trail rides? they easily destroy my nike or addidas ACGs.

i can't remember how many times i've had the soles of my new balance and salomon trail running shoes re-attached to the foam shock absorbing part of the shoe. the last was in the independence day newbie ride in licao-licao where i vowed to end using running shoes for my rides and stop mr. quickie from taking too much money out of me.

after seeing many merrels in the event and trail gallery photos, i'll use the pair i bought last year more often. it seems promising since solid ang soles, without that foam midsection i mentioned. it's a tad hard for long walks and hike-a-bikes without the foam though but it serves its purpose.

the same goes to my new hitecs, my parents' fathers day gift to me after seeing the state of my muddy new balance (sans soles) post-the licao-licao ride. the brand came in mind after seeing some veterans of like-riding styles sporting the same pairs in the mckinley trails. manipis ang soles and a tad stiff ito just like most cycling shoes. good timing din since it was on sale sa ROX then.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
any recommendation as to what shoe should i use for platform pedals during trail rides? they easily destroy my nike or addidas ACGs.

I use Keen Cimmarons available at Planet sports and ROX. Kinda pricey but it won't fall apart and the tread design is good for trails. It is actually designed as a water shoe but it serves me at the trails well and is very comfy too and has good ventilation. :thumbsup:
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Downhiller

Quote:

ive always used merrell chameleon stretch series when trail riding with my exustar platforms...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Bike Commuter

What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing Crocs or any crocs-type shoes/slip-ons (the regular clogged ones) on long cross-country and/or downhill ruough rugged terrains?

What about plastic sandals?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx View Post
What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing Crocs or any crocs-type shoes/slip-ons (the regular clogged ones) on long cross-country and/or downhill ruough rugged terrains?

What about plastic sandals?
Aside from the fact that those type are not efficient for pedalling, it won't give you enough protection from the elements and in the event of a crash.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM
All-Mountain

I think it was Keen that makes the original design of that Sandugo shoe/sandal. Maybe those would be grippier. Plus they make a pair which are spd compatible. I have seen them on sale at Sabak. I saw King using them so he would know more about their performance.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/...lhead/commuter
Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoreta View Post
I think it was Keen that makes the original design of that Sandugo shoe/sandal. Maybe those would be grippier. Plus they make a pair which are spd compatible. I have seen them on sale at Sabak. I saw King using them so he would know more about their performance.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/...lhead/commuter
I use Keens. Available also at Planet sports and Rox
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker

Default recommended shoes and flat pedal

Hi guys, just like to ask, my present set up is cross country....but the problem is that ayoko talaga mag cleats.....

what kind of flat pedal na maganda and light that can you recommend?

As well as ano ba maganda gamitin na shoes for flat pedal?...coz may rubber shoes na madulas....

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Cross-country

Default Re: recommended shoes and flat pedal

Have you put into consideration pedals with half-clips? Its like toe-clipped pedals minus the strap.

Pero kung flat pedals you might want to check this thread: http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12043

maraming choices, but for my personal choice its the Wellgo PC Pedals .
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
All-Mountain

Default Re: recommended shoes and flat pedal

wellgo pedals :thumbsup:

kung tag-tipid, yung wellgo na makulay na tig-450 sa cycle art... medyo mabigat...

tapos sapatos?? skate shoes style tulad ng 661 shoes... \m/

Tags
cleatless, mtb, newbie, shoes