PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Images & Videos Gallery > Trail Gallery > International Trails Gallery

Notices

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Single-Speeder

Default Trails at Last - Maresan

After my two rides on concretehttp://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=87792 & http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=85048, I was desperate to find trails already. On what I believed to be my last day off and ride in Yeosu, the withdrawal symptoms were too much that I went straight to the immediate mountain north of the Expo 2012 site despite the noonday sun at summertime. With the event we were participating in nearing its end and our consequent departure from Korea, I was determined to find the much coveted dirt paths.

It was surprising to find the energy within to attack it with gusto even with my dislike for extreme heat and lack of stamina. I hate ascents too but find it a necessary evil to enjoy this lifestyle of ours. Well, the trails must have egged me on or I have gotten fitter over the course of our 14-hour days, 6-7x a week, plus our daily walks to, from and at work.

First thing I noticed was the Korean-looking structure that turned out to be a more expensive accommodation facility much like ours except for the exteriors. The roads turned narrower and then to dirt as I went higher. One snag I encountered was a dead end but I definitely was in the right direction. Before long…..success!!!

looks promising...

dead end

now we're cooking

ascending na

looking back, we're definitely higher. expo 2012 grounds below

lupa, lupa!!!
Links
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Single-Speeder

Default Re: Trails at Last - Maresan

ahhh.... mtb heaven

from double to single track

some interesting flora along the way

this is how they bury their dead in korea, with mounds

i encountered 2 military units with foot patrols around these areas, 1 by the burial mound and the 2nd at the rest area with the views below. both had a camouflaged net tent with a machine gun but they refused to have their pictures taken

view of the expo 2012 kpop stage and odongdo island across the bayhttp://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=85048

although visitors to the expo were increasing towards the summer month, it seemed not enough to reach the target of 8 million throughout the 3 month run which prompted the organizers to invite kpop artists to lure more visitors in. the stage was constructed at the expo 2012 berthing pier for arriving cruise ships. the area can accommodate over 5,000 spectators easily.

moving on...
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Single-Speeder

moving on, the trails were plenty steep in many areas that we were on higher ground in a short time.

view of the expo town where we lived for almost 2 months

at trail forks, we often took the path going up so it will be all downhill going back. enjoying oneself on the descents to nowhere might get me some difficulty going back up to the trail too

coastal scenes with ships are always a welcome sight

ahhh, autumn must be upon us....

more interesting flora on the way up...

Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Bike Commuter

@theprophet: ganda naman ng trails dian Sir. astig!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM

nice ride sir,sana nextime me makasama ka na mahirap magride magisa..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Single-Speeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponga88 View Post
@theprophet: ganda naman ng trails dian Sir. astig!
thanks for viewing! it's an excellent respite to slave labor, hehe. seriously maganda nga, as most of new trails are because you're seeing it for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelski3211 View Post
nice ride sir,sana nextime me makasama ka na mahirap magride magisa..
well, just like here sa pinas, you oftentimes start out solo and then meet kindred spirits along the way. next thread ko will include a couple of korean mtb bros for company.

continuing.....

fuller view of the expo 2012 grounds. the ascent was starting to get steeper, slowing me down a bit and necessitating leaving the bike in some areas for a better view and pictures

this is towards the peak of the mountain already

returning, it was mostly downhill from there. took a different path on one of the forks but it just led me back to earlier burial mound and army unit
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...I/IMG_3024.jpg

ayun, medyo bitin, so tried the mountain southwest of expo town naman. skirted it but couldn't find a trail path other than the paved park.

ito yung dinosaur looking chapel. the parishioners told me it's a dead end behind it

view of expo town from southwest

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...I/IMG_3058.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Bike Commuter

Nice ride you got there sir !!! Thanks for sharing !!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Lurker

thank you for sharing sir prophet ganda ng place!
Links