PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Bicycling News

Bicycling News Newsfeed all about bicycling tech, info & tips.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines

Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Global Moderator

Default Osprey Raptor 10 Hydration Pack: Final Review

Osprey Raptor 10

Osprey Raptor 10 Hydration Pack: Final Review- by Guitar Ted
With plenty of rides wearing the Osprey Raptor 10 under my belt, I can now give you my final take on this redesigned pack from the Raptor line up. For the tech intro see here, and for my First Impressions see here. Grannygear will also be rolling out his Final Reviews on the hydration packs he is testing, the Dueter Compact Air EXP 10 and the Camelbak M.U.L.E, NV. See his last post on those here.

Conclusions: Okay, let’s cut to the chase here- I really was a big fan of the older Raptor 10 that I had been using for several years. I had no interest in checking out other packs for quite a while there, but after using this new version of the Raptor 10, I can not see myself ever using the old one again!

The new version’s details, which I covered in the previous posts, takes this model and raises it to the next level. The useable hip pockets, the Tool Roll, and the way I can lay the main compartment open are all big reasons why I like this pack. I find things in a much faster, less fiddly manner and the pack does a great job of holding everything I need for day rides. I really like the white inner color of the main compartment, since things I am looking for are easier for me to see against that backdrop.
As for the bladder, I am liking it for the most part. Osprey did tweak the opening to the hydration bladder which makes getting the bladder out, filled, and returned into the pack much easier than with the old Raptor 10. The bladder on the newest Raptor 10 is also easily filled completely. The old one could be a bit difficult to fill up all the way.
The Raptor 10 is comfortable to wear, and it has a wider range of adjustment than the previous model. I liked the way the old one felt, but Osprey has made this one even better.

Negatives? Well, maybe sometimes I wish this was a bigger pack, but Osprey has you covered there with a bigger Raptor, (the 18), and the Escapist series. One minor nit I have with this pack is the blinky light attachment. It is fabric, and there is not very much structure there to clip to. Some of these tighter plastic clips some blinky lights have won’t want to slip over the flexible fabric slots, and then the light sags a bit, or if you are like me, you lose your light altogether. I would like to see a more solid attachment point for blinky lights in the future.

Other than that I am very impressed with Osprey’s latest effort here. If a 10 liter pack size works for you, I would highly recommend this one as a great choice to look at.

Note: Osprey sent over the Raptor 10 pack to Twenty Nine Inches at no charge. We are not being paid, nor bribed for this review. We will strive to give our honest thoughts and opinions throughout.

RSS Feed brought to you by Twenty Nine Inches

Links