PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Bicycle Commuting & Advocacy > Bike Commuting

Bike Commuting It is thought that, worldwide, more people commute by bike than by any other vehicle.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM
MyNextBike.com

Default rider down- on mickinley

reposting a friend's status.

this is all the info i got.

no, i dont know anything else. so no need to PM me for further details.

if others get more info please add nalang to the thread.

meanwhile prayers nalang siguro guys.

ingat boys and girls.

Just saw a horrendous sight on my way to the office. A biker dead, covered with newspaper in McKinley, near the church. His mountain bike mangled and his helmet attached to his bike, probably unworn. To all my friends who go biking in highways, INGAT KAYO PLEASE.

Links
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
All-Mountain

Default Re: rider down- on mickinley

Sir, possible victim of hit and run?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Global Moderator

whoa...malamang hit and run. if it's all mangled, sana hindi naman malaking sasakyan..then again...a high speed crash could always do it.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Single-Speeder

didnt take my bike to work today.. nikwento saken ng cabbie na nasakyan ko.. mukhang hit and run daw.. kasi tinakpan na lang ng diyaryo

may he rest in peace

Bikers, Brothers we ride as Brothers!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Bike Commuter

naikwento lang din saken to ng officemate ko..naalala nila ko kaagad kasi eto yung route ko and time ng pasok ko..pero dahil may lalakarin akong importanteng documents today e naiba ang sched ko..usually mga shimanong ang mga nakakasabay ko dyan pag umaga at most of them hanggang dun lang sa may simbahan..ride safe guys!! may he rest in peace..

update ko lang: Giant daw yung bike nung rider and was wearing blue jersey. he was wearing his helmet kaso tumama yung head nya sa gutter yung part na tumama medyo sa part na hndi covered ng helmet..ang nakakapagtaka the accident happened around 6 in the morning yung ibang nakakita past 7 na or maybe 8 not sure though..nakakalungkot lang kahit na dead on the spot sana hindi na tumagal ng ganon bago sya naalis sa daan. might have been side swiped by a taxi ang pagkakasabi..

Last edited by poy3210; 12-13-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Downhiller

sad news to all bikers especially those who commute using their trusty mtb. i hope someone was able to get the plate and report it. what a tragedy!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Downhiller

Possibly the biker and the vehicle that hit him were Ayala bound. Right hand bend kasi yung sa may simbahan going to Ayala kaya siguro bumulaga yung biker pag liko ng kotse. Posible ding galing inuman sa The Fort yung driver.

Sana mahuli yung hinayupak na driver na yun.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Downhiller

Nabasa ko nga ito sa TSP kanina and nalungkot din ako sa nangyari. Some of my friends messaged me para sabihin mag ingat ako sa pag bibike. Maging maingat tayo guys

Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Cross-country

Dang. Eto yung route ko pauwi pag nagna-night ride ako.

May he rest in peace and guide other bikers na dumadaan din dito..

Old 12-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Downhiller

Ride safe tonight guys. Walking around the city I must have seen dozens of drinking sessions in different Christmas Parties with their motorcycles parked waiting. This does not include drunk car drivers coming from their own respective Christmas Parties and bars all over the Metro.

It would be extremely dangerous for bikers to ride between now and 6am.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 PM
All-Mountain

Mag ingat po tayo, kahapon may nakita din ako biker na duguan sa P. Tuzaon Cor EDSA..

+ Pray before every ride...

Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Global Moderator

hay kahit anong ingat mo, talagang kapag walang disiplina ang kasama mo sa kalsada, lagot ka.

kanina lang, going down katipunan flyover going to ateneo. tumabi ako sa kanan, may cargo truck from behind. merging lane ang lane ko sa lane nila..around 40 kph ang takbo ko...talagang 'di siya nagbigay....nagpreno na lang ako, otherwise maiipit ako ng truck at ng sidewalk...haaayz.

oh well..defensive riding works everytime.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 AM
All-Mountain

Eto ung pic sa Mc. Kinley accident.. RIP..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by egpamatmat View Post
Eto ung pic sa Mc. Kinley accident.. RIP..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Yikes, naka reflectorized vest pa man din. Hindi talaga maiaakila na hindi siya nakita.
"DEC 13 : Another Bicyclist Killed along McKinley Road Makati City"

Just today December 15, we have received reports of yet another bicyclist falling victim to a violent & untimely road crash. The
initial information is sourced from a trusted & a concerned fellow
Road Safety Advocate who shares our desire to bring the urgent
message out into the open for immediate attention & action from
the relevant legislators & authorities. Attached herewith is the
account of the dreadful & horrifying incident.

VICTIM : "Juan Dela Cruz"
DESCRIPTION : Wearing Reflectorized Vest / No Helmet
DATE : December 13, 2012 Thursday
TIME : 5:00 AM to 5:30 AM
PLACE : 200-300 meters from the EDSA Intersection
in the direction of Forbes Park & Sanctuario de San Antonio

ACTUAL ACCOUNT OF DETAILS & INFORMATION

"My heart goes out to this biker who was hit by a vehicle along McKinley this morning (Dec 13 2012) . I was sitting on the fence about posting this pic, but may this remind us to ride safely on public roads. What really struck me was that his helmet was strapped on the handlebar and not on his head- something that could have saved his life. I was told by the cops that the driver of the vehicle surrendered . . . . ."

"Hi, unfortunately I do not have vital info about the victim, as I was just in shock to see the aftermath of the accident. The accident may have happened around 5am, as I passed the area, the body was still on full view. He was lying face down, and he was even wearing a reflector vest. The fatal injury may have come from the head, as blood was coming from that area. Yes you may post the pic but for my privacy id like to request that you omit my name. Thanks and good luck with the advocacy. Thanks. PS: will send 2 more pics for your perusal. God bless this poor mans soul . . . . ."

"It happened Dec.13, 2012. I was driving en route to Santuario Forbes on McKinley for my early run with friends and passed by the accident scene a little before 6am. The cops were already there, so I presume that the accident could have happened around 5, or even earlier. I parked my car at Forbes and decided to walk to the area to get a closer look. It happened maybe 200-300 meters from the EDSA intersection. I talked to the police and asked them about what happened and one of them said that he was hit by a private vehicle and that the driver of the pick up surrendered and was being interrogated. I was not able to get their names. I took the photos myself from my phone, and decided to post it. The last photo I sent with the police tape was taken around 8:45am, after my run and I could not understand why the body was still there. That's it on my end, hope this helps. If you have any info about the victim please share so i can post it as well on my wall. Thanks."

It's just disheartening to know that according to the posts above, 8:30am na, nandoon pa rin ang bangkay. Who knows baka blood loss ang ikinamatay ng rider at hindi head trauma. Kung sa Pasig naaksidente yan kahit gutay gutay na katawan niyan kukunin pa rin ng emergency services yan. Walang kwenta talaga ang Makati. It's just like the American diplomat killed in Bel Air. Hinihintay yata nila mamatay para wala nang gastos ang siyudad.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Cross-country

In accidents like these, let us try not to blame the victims. With or without helmets, cyclists have full rights on the road. Half of the blame lies on the city government which does not provide good bike lanes that can separate the fragile bikes from the road bullies (which share the other half of the blame). Bikes are very safe means of transport IF ONLY the city government has the political will to recognize the rights of cyclists to safe bike lanes, and stop pampering the sacred bulls, the motor vehicles.

Makati and other city governments can start with traffic calming policies and lowering car speed limits near areas with pedestrians and bikers, good driver education while enforcing laws against drunk driving specially during the holidays, texting while driving, etc.

Once these are done, then there must be changes to our laws that should place the blame firmly on the driver of the motor vehicle in accidents, unless it can be proven otherwise.

"The idea is simply that the person in the most dangerous vehicle has the most responsibility."
http://www.copenhagenize.com/2009/10...hina-shop.html

Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Bike Commuter

Sana hindi lasing ung nakasagasa, nakakatakot. bka nadali sa likod kahit nakatabi na. God bless his soul.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM

whew... may he rest in peace... Ingat padyak lang mga Sir ... Defensive biking lang palagi and dapat aware sa paligid...

Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 PM

wrong move na nakita ni misis to.. ayaw na tuloy akong papadyakin!

bike commute ako lagi. qc to bgc, qc to makati, qc to divi... basta paikot ng metro manila bike ako lagi... madalas rush hour pa. tsk...

rest in peace bro.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Global Moderator

Makati: I'm really sorry to say that, of all the cities that I've biked in, this is the one place where the local gov't has *not* given any acknowledgment to bicyclists whatsoever. Buti pa yung ibang private companies -- they allot bike parking and shower facilities. Pero yung nagpapatakbo mismo ng siyudad? I don't know about you, but I just feel an icy treatment.

Though I am saddened by this unfortunate incident, my half-finger gloved fist is angrily shaking against this city. This city which prides itself as the most progressive in the country but seems all it cares are the motorized vehicles on its streets. >

Comfort destroys usefulness. Luxury makes monsters. Adversity creates heroes. - Pastor Noel Tan
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Downhiller

i ride from kyusi to makati (rockwell) on itchy days. parang gusto ko na rin mag full face helmet. ganire pala sa makati.

Links