|Bicycling News Newsfeed all about bicycling tech, info & tips.|
UPDATED AGAIN: PMTB Newbie dirt Ride SEPT 30. Maarat attack!!
As a continuation of the Newbie Ride series :thumbsup: , PMTB ,with CPB and the SSisters,takes the Newbies to :
1. The Wall (a mere 2.7km uphill challenge)
2. Trails of Timberland, Maarat (basic trail, Roxas trail, Green Trail)
3. Classic bike foodstops (Aling tina, Giant)
When : Sept 30 Sunday
Time : 630am takeoff from Aling Tina ; 730am takeoff Timberland Gate
Lead groups : CPB, SSisters
Volunteer groups : Team Adventureros, CMTB
This is a relatively short ride @ 25kms but technical enough to make Newbies graduate as better bikers.
We'll bunch up newbies and assign volunteers to teach you how to climb The Wall etc etc :cool:
With the help of CPB, SSisters, CMTB and Team Adventureros and the rest of the volunteers we aim to :
Some more reminders which you'll most likely hear the same on ride day:
1) When climbing the wall, do it at your own pace. It's not a race, it's a newbie ride for crying out loud. The time to get from Aling Tina's to Timberland gate is more than enough even if you walk the wall (1 hour).
2) Running out of breath, stop before you completely collapse, remember this is not a race. Test for 2 - 3 minutes, then pedal again. There are times that I stop every 300 meters or so.
3) Find a gearing your comfortable with, whether your a spinner or a masher. Listen to what other riders might say, but listen to your body more.
1) Check your brakes, but don't drag them. Learn to feather the brakes, it's press-depress-press-depress. Dragging the brakes will only result in brake fade and disaster.
2) When going down the wall be at a speed you're comfortable with, normally I maintain a 20 - 25 kph descending speed. Slow down often, you will not run out of acceleration since you're going already.
3) No need to go "yeah i'm going down faster than you can", it's an accident prone area. People have met accidents and/or their maker here, we don't want that happening right?
What to bring:
1) The usual safety equipment, helmet, gloves, eyewear. Pads are optional.
2) Amount of water varies from person to person, my 3L bladder normally doesn't get used up. 1.5L would be more than enough, measure your intake on an intense activity, add about 50% more for this ride just to make sure.
3) First aid kit would be nice, just in case.
4) An extra tube would also be nice and patch kits, don't forget the pump.
5) Trail food, in case you get hungry. So you can eat on the go.
1) You might want to do some jogging to get used to high heart rates.
2) Mentally, challenge yourself that you can finish the ride. Even if your body can do it but your mind quits....well everything quits.
Lets have Fun, guys!
List up HERE.
just show up on the meetup place On Time.
ISOLINK Suspension for that Constant Sweet Spot www.isolinksuspension.com
Re: UPDATED: PMTB Newbie dirt Ride with CPB and SSisters SEPT 30. Maarat attack!
1 Bnew unit Manitou Nixon (nos) All Mountain Fork Suspension from Cycle Art Mktg!
Take NOTE: This fork is worth Php 25,000 SRP is at Php35,000!
1 unit Generic MTB frame from Cycle Art Mktg.
Assorted Items from Global Craze' Bike
Assorted mtb gloves, jersey and handlebar from King's Bicycle Store!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PMTB Newbie dirt Ride with CPB and SSisters SEPT 30. Maarat attack!!||Alphabolt||Fun Rides / EBs||580||10-04-2012 07:53 AM|
|Accidental PMTB Flavor Ride – Sta Rosa Sept 21||pong||Event Gallery||26||10-06-2009 10:15 AM|
|Maarat Newbie Meet PMTB Babes Ride - July 18 : PICS!||agent_007||Event Gallery||68||07-31-2009 05:13 PM|
|Sat Sept 6 SS "Fun" ride - All terra, Maarat, Wall, Giant||JML||Event Gallery||23||09-11-2008 09:39 AM|