PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Technical Help & Information > All about Frame and Suspensions

Notices

All about Frame and Suspensions Discuss tech help/info for: Hardtail and Full Suspension Frame
Fork, Shocks, Saddle Shocks.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 AM

Thumbs up Re: rst storm

some feedback about this fork. i have been using it just for a couple of hours inside our village dropping from the stage and a set of stairs.compared to my old fork which is an rst launch it is better in absorbing drops. it lessens the impact on landing. it responds better to riding down stairs than the launch. what else, oh the rebound damping does really work, it does absorb drops better. i feel it in my arms.this is just my initial impression on the fork and i've yet to test it at patiis dh track and the vision track.regarding the weight, it seems similar to the weight of the rst launch maybe lighter or just a little bit heavier.so far im liking it.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Re: rst storm

I bought it for 6,800 pesos at decimal bike shop but mine was the last stock. try kings bike shop coz they said there'll be incoming stocks of the fork.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 PM

Default RST Storm

This is a review of my fork which is the RST Storm Super (Coil Version). The fork has 36mm stanchions, a cr mo steerer tube, 20mm thru axle, 180mm travel and rebound damping. I have been using this fork for a month now and so far no major problems for me like leaking oil coz obviously it is still almost new compared to the other storm forks out there. Anyway, I'll see if it'll leak oil in the future. The only problem I've had with the fork is that the rebound damping knob becomes hard to turn when the trail is dusty coz dirt gets inside it. The solution is to keep it dust free so that it would work fine. I've used the fork in one race and multiple DH runs and so far I would say that the fork eats small bumps and man sized drops better than my old fork does. Largest drop done on this fork is 5 feet to almost flat tranny and it absorbs it really well and doesn't bottom out easily. The fork is plush and the rebound damping does really work well. After multiple runs on a DH track my arms don't feel beat up at the end of the day unlike before. Another thing I like about this fork is the way it gives me control of my bike in off camber sections. Before I was competing with the bike for control and now its a point and shoot kind of thing. I could now pick my lines better and go where I wanna go thus less crashes. I now see that thru axle is the way to go. This is a really stiff fork. For other specs about the fork go to the website. I recommend this fork highly especially to people who want to do DH and freeride and don't have the budget for the expensive ones out there. My bike is a hardtail (Tora Bora dirt) by the way and I think the fork would be better if paired to a fullsus.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:54 AM

Default Re: RST Storm

my cousin has storm also, i did a test ride on it, the rebound seems ok, question lang on the travel parang kulang sa play or because the fork is brandnew? kulang pa sa bugbog?:)
Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajing View Post
my cousin has storm also, i did a test ride on it, the rebound seems ok, question lang on the travel parang kulang sa play or because the fork is brandnew? kulang pa sa bugbog?:)
sir i forgot to say that the travel stiffens up midway so that it doesn't bottom out easily. you will see that you have used all the travel in the fork if you do a high drop. i think this is what people call progressive suspension(progressive=travel stiffens midway vs linear=the fork or suspension's travel doesn't change in stiffness in its whole travel):thinking:, correct me if im wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalkid View Post
imageimageimageimage
-
bro heto saken
RST R-ONE hinde pa nakakabit.
how much does this cost sir? this would be way stiffer than the storm...you got a nice fork there sir

Last edited by leannmetalhead; 03-22-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerge, please use EDIT button to ADD/EDIT your recent post.
Links
Old 03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannmetalhead View Post
sir i forgot to say that the travel stiffens up midway so that it doesn't bottom out easily. you will see that you have used all the travel in the fork if you do a high drop. i think this is what people call progressive suspension(progressive=travel stiffens midway vs linear=the fork or suspension's travel doesn't change in stiffness in its whole travel):thinking:, correct me if im wrong.

how much does this cost sir? this would be way stiffer than the storm...you got a nice fork there sir
saw one at global craze bike shop in quiapo. sells for 10k. di ko lang natanong kung may discount pa. the manager is a member of pmtb.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannmetalhead View Post
This is a review of my fork which is the RST Storm Super (Coil Version). The fork has 36mm stanchions, a cr mo steerer tube, 20mm thru axle, 180mm travel and rebound damping. I have been using this fork for a month now and so far no major problems for me like leaking oil coz obviously it is still almost new compared to the other storm forks out there. Anyway, I'll see if it'll leak oil in the future. The only problem I've had with the fork is that the rebound damping knob becomes hard to turn when the trail is dusty coz dirt gets inside it. The solution is to keep it dust free so that it would work fine. I've used the fork in one race and multiple DH runs and so far I would say that the fork eats small bumps and man sized drops better than my old fork does. Largest drop done on this fork is 5 feet to almost flat tranny and it absorbs it really well and doesn't bottom out easily. The fork is plush and the rebound damping does really work well. After multiple runs on a DH track my arms don't feel beat up at the end of the day unlike before. Another thing I like about this fork is the way it gives me control of my bike in off camber sections. Before I was competing with the bike for control and now its a point and shoot kind of thing. I could now pick my lines better and go where I wanna go thus less crashes. I now see that thru axle is the way to go. This is a really stiff fork. For other specs about the fork go to the website. I recommend this fork highly especially to people who want to do DH and freeride and don't have the budget for the expensive ones out there. My bike is a hardtail (Tora Bora dirt) by the way and I think the fork would be better if paired to a fullsus.
Anu na nangyari sayo bro? Hindi ka na nagpaparamdam ah...hehehe..the new timberland course (Nilo DH) is perfect for your huck and drop everywhere riding style...

Nung nakita kong ginagamit mo yung storm napa-isip din ako ng malaki kung kukuha ako..the price is very attractive...

How are the seals holding up so far? More importantly, how does the absence of high speed and low speed compression affect your riding? Responsive ba siya sa small bumps or sa big hits lang?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKmaN View Post
Anu na nangyari sayo bro? Hindi ka na nagpaparamdam ah...hehehe..the new timberland course (Nilo DH) is perfect for your huck and drop everywhere riding style...

Nung nakita kong ginagamit mo yung storm napa-isip din ako ng malaki kung kukuha ako..the price is very attractive...

How are the seals holding up so far? More importantly, how does the absence of high speed and low speed compression affect your riding? Responsive ba siya sa small bumps or sa big hits lang?
Hey bro, I wasn't able to go to the race coz I woke up late and have no practice in that course that's why I didn't go. So far the seals are doing good no leaks yet and the fork is still plush. I can't relate with the hi and lo speed compression stuff since I haven't had any experience with any fork that has that but I can tell you that this fork responds well to the revised Vision Cup track(2nd ROSS DH Competition track that is). Before when I was using the RST Launch fork for DH in the vision track, I had so much trouble controlling my bike coz my fork didn't track really well. Now when I changed my fork, I could say I could pick my line better coz I'm NOW in control of my bike.

There is an available rst storm air in black w/ 180mm travel 36mm stanchions Rebound Damping, Compression & Air preload being sold by Arelys in our selling section here at pmtb. It's sold for 9.5k bro, I think that one is good.

Pmtb bros? Is tagalog already allowed in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
your welcome:thumbsup: parang gusto ko na rin mag buo ng dh rig hehehe:whistling:
Come on sir, let's go DH hehe...

Last edited by leannmetalhead; 03-23-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerge, please use EDIT button to ADD/EDIT your recent post.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 AM

i like this fork... ive tested it in sta. rosa trail en makililing.. ok perfomance ng storm.. air version gmit ko...
Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM

RST is a nice fork for DH and Freeride, I have the R1 and ok sya, compared to more expensive triple crown fork. I was going to the Boxxer but unfortunately no stocks available, and then Egay from endless offered me this fork and it looks nice, i bought it becuase its much cheaper and looks good to. when i installed and ride it at mini-dam (pangarap trail in fairview) wow ang ganda ng laro ng fork, i hardly felt the bumps and stones their, lalo dun sa part ng DH track.

One comment lang ung rebound dial nya you have to turn it more than 8 clicks to feel the rebound, is that normal?

and also kapag biglang angat sa fork and hitting the humps may sound na metal to metal, is this normal?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Lurker

The coil version is a little more cheaper but if you are a weight freak or if you just have the bigger budget, ill recommend the air.the coil has 180 mm of travel and the air just got 160mm...for the R-ONE, i dont know. i am using the storm air and im hearing a metel to metal sound too..i really like how this fork plays.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Thumbs up Re: RST Storm

mine the air version so far so good no problem one of my bike buddies bought also air version at kings 8,500, satisfied naman cya no problem also more bike buddies of mine planning to buy one also
Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Bike Commuter

mga bossing gud day... ask ko lang sana po, plan ko po kasi magpalit ng fork and my 1st choice is storm air, XC po discipline ko at sa gts m7 frame ko po ilagay... pwede po kaya mag adjust nalang ako sa air para bumama yung fork travel at maglevel xa sa body ko...den yung rebound nalang po laruin ko para dun ko nalang ma adjust yung play....(actually natry namin sa frame ng frend namin at naglevel naman kaya lang iniisip ko po ay kung tatagal po ba ang frame ko pag gnun gnwa ko) kaya po kaya ihandle ng frame ko yun? mejo madelay kasi pagbili ko ng frame kc sunod2 gastos sa mtb ko... pros and cons.... all inputs, comments and suggestions will be consider...:thinking:
Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Lurker

i've been using rst storm super (oil) for few months now. all i can say is that it can handle punishment and will give you a feeling of comfort riding. it absorbs the impact perfectly with just few clicks from the rebound dial. i tried using this fork going down the overpass (using the stairs), going downhill @ Haooh DH tracks and it responds quite good. so far, no problem yet.:thumbsup:
Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Cross-country

Default Re: RST Storm Fork

ito rin sana ang kukunin ko,RST has the cheapest fork for a thru axle. kaya lang kinapos sa budget so i'm using a RST Alfalfa(mas mura ng konti). mas mabigat lang ng konti ang weight pero no major problem as of this time (been using for 1.5 years na ) sulit :thumbsup:
Old 12-14-2010, 10:20 AM

gentlemen, how much does the RST Storm AIR cost nowadays? does it come with a 15mm thru axle, im planning to purchase btw ill be pairing it with a Kinesis a605, di kaya masira yong geometry? Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 AM

8k for this rst air storm.. used 20mm thru axle for this fork.. never seen a 15qr user for this fork..pero alam ko me adaptor sya n mbibili sa labas if u woulld like it to be a 15qr.. one thing for sure is this fork is good..been using it for 1 1/2 yr..
Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Bike Commuter

Good day po,, san po merong RST storm Air 140mm? Meron po ba ganon dito sa Pinas? salamat po..
Old 12-31-2010, 08:06 AM

Will the RST storm Air version fit in the KINESIS A650 frame? san po tayo makabili at 8.5k na Air version. thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM

Default Re: RST Fork

OK ba ang RST Storm ilagay sa Vision frame?
Links

Tags
fork, newbie, rst