|Bicycling News Newsfeed all about bicycling tech, info & tips.|
2013 Shimano Zee : New Gravity Groupset Components
Shimano has a new Gravity lineup they’re called Zee. **Aimed to be an ideal starting point for gravity riders and racers. **Details inside from Shimano.
Introducing Zee: Gravity Components for a New Generation
Shimano introduces Zee, a new line of gravity components that are an ideal starting point for**aggressive riders and racers. Zee is the gateway gravity component line that allows riders to get**on board with Shimano’s gravity program and experience premium new component**technologies at a price they can afford.
Highlights in the Zee line include a 10-speed system that**comes standard with new ICE Tech and Shadow Plus technologies.
• Zee Shadow Plus RD – The Zee RD-M640 features Shadow Plus technology proven to**reduce chain slap, drop and impact noise and the 10-speed short cage RD’s low profile**tucks safely below the cassette cogs.
Zee RD-M640 features Shadow Plus Technology
With two spec options that enable a typical MTB**cassette (11-32,11-34,11-36) or a close ratio road cassette (11-23,11-25,11-28), Zee is**ready to handle the needs of enduro and DH racers. 10-speed also offers complete**compatibility with Dyna-Sys MTB product and Shimano’s latest chain and cassette**technology.
• New gravity 10-speed shifter – The new Zee shifter uses Dyna-Sys compatible cable**stroke, which means linear shift effort, easy set-up and accurate, stable gear changes.**All new paddle shapes with 2-Way release and dimpled main lever allow riders to be**more in control and perfectly engaged.
• Powerful 4-piston Disc Brakes with ICE Tech – New Zee hydraulic disc brake**systems are gravity rated with a Servo-Wave brake lever and new 4-piston ceramic disc**brake caliper. System stiffness is tuned using Shimano’s high-power hose and shorter**lever blade while ergonomics are perfected with a new pivot location and dimpled**surface. ICE Tech brake pad and rotor options reduce heat in the system and maintain**performance on the longest descents.
Zee BR-M640 Disc Brake
Shimano BL-M640 Zee Disc Brake Lever
• Durable, reinforced crank set – The thick wall aluminum construction on the Zee twopiece cranks and reinforced steel axle translate to additional confidence on the trail. With**an axle 30% stronger than comparable trail cranks and smooth running, accurately**aligned chain wheels, the Zee crank will perform reliably – run after run. The crank arm**features outboard bearings and steel pedal inserts.
Zee FC-M640 Cranks
Options include single ring**34T/36T/38T; FC-M640 68/73mm BB and FC-M645 83mm BB. Pressfit compatible.
• New durable and reliable hubsets – Quick engaging, smooth running hubs are a big**advantage on the mountain. The new Zee hubs include quality sealing, adjustable**angular contact bearings, and rotate on extra stiff, one piece rear axles with integrated**cone construction. Zee hubs are ready for any modern gravity bike with 20mm axles up**front and 12mm axles in 135, 142 and 150mm configurations.
ZEE MSRP Pricing:
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Long Term Test: Shimano Zee Groupset||Webot||Bicycling News||0||06-20-2012 11:00 AM|
|Shimano 2013 Saint and Zee - Sea Otter 2012||Webot||Bicycling News||0||04-29-2012 02:50 AM|
|2013 Shimano Saint Groupset Components||Webot||Bicycling News||0||04-19-2012 10:00 AM|