PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Technical Help & Information > Other Parts and Accessories

Notices

Other Parts and Accessories Tech info/help for: Headset, Handlebar, Handle Post, Grips
Hydration bags, Lighting Products, Cyclo-computer, SPDs, Clipless
and other Accessories and parts not found on other categories.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Recommended LED light for night ride

Sa mga experts what brand would you suggest.:thumbsup:
Links
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Cross-country

Default Re: Recommended LED light for nite ride

Cateye is good, their newer models are 20% and up brighter than the older ones. I'm using an HL-EL135 and it serves me well. The mounting mechanism is the FlexTight type which is quick-release so you can transfer the lamp from one bike to another.

If you will get a Cateye, suggest you get a model with Opticube lens for maximum light output.

Cheers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogskie View Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Elvin View Post
Cateye is good, their newer models are 20% and up brighter than the older ones. I'm using an HL-EL135 and it serves me well. The mounting mechanism is the FlexTight type which is quick-release so you can transfer the lamp from one bike to another.

If you will get a Cateye, suggest you get a model with Opticube lens for maximum light output.

Yup! I just bought the same light yesterday and was able to test it last night. The best part about that model is it's less than 4 digits haha! :whistling: Seriously though, I think it works well.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogskie View Post
For headlight, I reco the RX Police LED flashlight with handlebar mount. Available from Gadgets88. http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/showthread.php?t=121
I used this handlebar-mounted light during the 24-hour race. Very bright for trail. Can also be used as an all-purpose flashlight.:thumbsup:

As for rear blinker, Cateye is top of mind. However, I use a Topeak Redlite, which has mixed reviews here at PMTB, altough mine is holding up well against the elements.:)
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurimann View Post
Yup! I just bought the same light yesterday and was able to test it last night. The best part about that model is it's less than 4 digits haha! :whistling: Seriously though, I think it works well.
Same here. bought also the same light yesterday CAtEye Opticube... Mura na maliwanag pa!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Bike Commuter

sirs would you mind giving us the prices of these LEDs? para sa aming newbies! thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Suspended

The RX Police LED (1-watt) is P600 with free handlebar mount. Available from Gadgets88.:)
Old 09-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Cross-country

I bought my Cateye HL-EL135 in Bangkok a few months back equivalent to P700. You should be able to get decent LED lights in the price range of P600 to P1,300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellybuhay View Post
sirs would you mind giving us the prices of these LEDs? para sa aming newbies! thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 PM

in the review HL-EL135 cateye is not waterproof?:)
Old 09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Bike Commuter

I hope this could help:whistling:

HL-EL135 - uses three LEDs with OptiCube™ lens technology with a wider beam pattern to see more of the road. This is the perfect compact commuter light.
Features:
- 320 hours flashing mode
- 80 hours constant mode
- Runs on 2 AA batteries
- FlexTight™ mounting bracket
Price: 650 - 750 pesos

HL-EL410 - light sets a new standard in size, brightness and versatility. With batteries, it weighs only 78 grams, and it's only 9.3 cm long. That's 2.6 ounces and 3.7 inches - much smaller (and brighter) than an energy bar. Three ultra bright LEDs are magnified with our OptiCube™ lens and reflector to produce more than 180 candlepower.
Features:
-Flashing and constant modes
-60-hour run time in flashing mode 30-hour run time in constant mode
-Waterproof to 50 meters/165 feet, thanks to the innovative magnetic witch
Built-in mount adjusts for different handlebars, and can be rotated to mount on a stem or helmet
Price: 900 - 1000 pesos
Old 09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Bike Commuter

@titaniumgearsolid, SS Elvin, JCat

THANKS SIRS!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Elvin View Post

:cool:

the cateye hl-135 is one of the most recommended model by the lbs' because of its power & affordability :thumbsup:

i got mine for around 650 petot at paulina's

currahee!

:cool:
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgearsolid View Post
The RX Police LED (1-watt) is P600 with free handlebar mount. Available from Gadgets88.:)
ito din ang gamit ko nman ung RX Police na 3W with free mount na din.. 1K, pro sulit na sulit..pwedeng panghuli ng gagamba..hehehe..

aluminum case sya.. nabagsak nga agad after ko mabili kay gadget, hndi man lng nagalusan..at isa pa, phone calls lng ang transaction ko kay gadgets, naideliver agad sa ofis overnyt lng via courier..
Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
ito din ang gamit ko nman ung RX Police na 3W with free mount na din.. 1K, pro sulit na sulit..pwedeng panghuli ng gagamba..hehehe..

aluminum case sya.. nabagsak nga agad after ko mabili kay gadget, hndi man lng nagalusan..at isa pa, phone calls lng ang transaction ko kay gadgets, naideliver agad sa ofis overnyt lng via courier..
:thumbsup: Ok nga ang delivery system ni Gadgets88, magugulat ka na lang, andyan na agad. Yah, he was telling me about the stronger/brighter RX Police, it's twice as bright as the 1W (1W is P600). So instead of buying two 1W lights (which i did, and both are handlebar mounted on my bike), just one 3W will do the job! Tama ka, vbery robust yung aluminum casing, nabagsak ko narin yung light ko, parang walang ngayari. Oh, and gadgets even throws in something in the package as a surprise!:grin:
Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
All-Mountain

i'm very happy with my Topeak Whitelite HP ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/WhiteLiteHP1W ). coupled with a rechargeable 1600mAH CR123A battery, it lasts a bit longer than its 3-hour continuous burn time at full 1 watt power (high beam). at 0.5W low beam, it's rated to last 6 hours continuous burn time with a regular disposable CR123A battery. used this on my previous 12-hour endurance race and it gave adequate lighting for the tight and technical Sabak trail in Alabang.

for rear blinkers, this Topeak RedLite ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/RedLite ) is really bright despite its small size. highly water resistant as well as tested on one rainy night ride.

it's hard to buy this separately tho as it usually comes packaged with the White Light DX ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/HighLiteComboHP )

highly recommended! :thumbsup:

i also have a Cateye HL-EL410 ( http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/341 ) as a reliable handlebar/helmet mount back-up
Links
Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
i'm very happy with my Topeak Whitelite HP ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/WhiteLiteHP1W ). coupled with a rechargeable 1600mAH CR123A battery, it lasts a bit longer than its 3-hour continuous burn time at full 1 watt power (high beam). at 0.5W low beam, it's rated to last 6 hours continuous burn time with a regular disposable CR123A battery. used this on my previous 12-hour endurance race and it gave adequate lighting for the tight and technical Sabak trail in Alabang.

for rear blinkers, this Topeak RedLite ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/RedLite ) is really bright despite its small size. highly water resistant as well as tested on one rainy night ride.

it's hard to buy this separately tho as it usually comes packaged with the White Light DX ( http://www.topeak.com/products/Lights/HighLiteComboHP )

highly recommended! :thumbsup:

i also have a Cateye HL-EL410 ( http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/341 ) as a reliable handlebar/helmet mount back-up
Where did you buy rechargeable CR123a batteries, sir?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Freeride

Maybe you can post pictures of the rechargeable CR123A batteries and the charger kit.
I'm curious as well. Hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

For a biker who uses the light everyday, using rechargeables makes sense.

If however, you only use the light once in a while, the alkaline will do.

To everybody who's using the Police and Paralux, I'm sure you love the night rides more than the scorching rides. :D
Having great lights at night doesn't give you the right to bike with abandon.
Always concentrate on the road and ride safe!

Enjoy the night rides!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
All-Mountain

guys, i'll take pics of my rechargeable CR123A batt and charger tonight and post it.... :)

Lights Up sells rechargeable ones for 80 pesos apiece but they have low ampere ratings (sorry i forgot but i think twas lower than 200mAh).

yup, having rechargeable batts are really more economical for me vis-a-vis buying disposable alkalines. for the battery alone, the rechargeable one (i have) practically pays for itself after 3 alkalines :thumbsup:
Old 09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
guys, i'll take pics of my rechargeable CR123A batt and charger tonight and post it.... :)

Lights Up sells rechargeable ones for 80 pesos apiece but they have low ampere ratings (sorry i forgot but i think twas lower than 200mAh).

yup, having rechargeable batts are really more economical for me vis-a-vis buying disposable alkalines. for the battery alone, the rechargeable one (i have) practically pays for itself after 3 alkalines :thumbsup:
Sir, where is LIGHTS UP? How much is the charger? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Freeride

When using rechargeables for your headlights, go for 2000mAh to 3000mAh for longer service time.

Also look for batteries that are Made in Japan.
Links