PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Single Speeder, 29ers & 69ers

Notices

Single Speeder, 29ers & 69ers For 29ers, 69ers and Single Speeder Fanatics

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Freeride

Question KMC Half-Links (PT710 Pintle?)

Kumustas!

Just want to ask if this sort of chain really is that effective to minimize, if not completely eliminate, the use a chain tensioner? Specifically sa SS rig with a common vertical dropout frame? I read somwhere here that an odd ring-cog combo (27x13,etc.) when used with this type of chain, wouldn't need a tensioner installed. Or is it tyambahan din lang?

One more thing, if in a spat of luck, I managed to install the chain to almost ideal tension, 'di ba ako mahihirapan tanggalin 'yung rear wheel?

Thanks and godspeed!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Re: KMC Half-Links (PT710 Pintle?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordPAOLO View Post
Kumustas!

One more thing, if in a spat of luck, I managed to install the chain to almost ideal tension, 'di ba ako mahihirapan tanggalin 'yung rear wheel?

Thanks and godspeed!

Hindi naman. My current gearing in my SS mtb with vertical dropout is 32 X 17 and I'm able to do away with the tensioner. Chain tension is good (not too tight) and I'm able to remove my rear wheel with ease.

Hope this help.

losi_phile

Tags
chain, half links, kmc, single speed, tensioner