PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Cross-country

Smile Vision One.Five Built Bike

newbie lang po, sa mga meron na nitong built bike na to share nyo naman po ang review nyo about this bike. TIA and ride safe to all! ^^

Links
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
All-Mountain

Default Re: Vision One.Five Built Bike

my cousin bought one. Tried riding it, mukhang ang geometry nya is for xc. The one that i tried was the one with hydraulic brakes. Crisp shifting because of the sram x3 8 speed grip shift. Tektro hydraulic brakes are okay.

For a starter bike okay naman sya. There are only 2 things i didn't like about it is the cranks and the fork, pero for the price pwede na rin.

You have 3 color choices (red, white and black), and you can stiill choose between the one with hydraulic brakes and with the mechanical one.

price range: mechanical brakes: from 9800 to 11k++
hydraulic brakes: from 12600 to 14500++

Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Cross-country

thnx sir, siguro ill settle down to mechanical brakes which is more cheaper than the hydraulic hehehe. one more question sir, do you think kakayanin kaya nito pag dating sa mga trail? and about sa crank and fork nde kaya bumigay agad sila? tia uli^^

Old 02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
All-Mountain

My cousin had his first lamesa experience last sunday and had no problems with the bike. We completed the whole 37 km including tower 1 and bike made it all through.

If i were you, i'd save up a few more pesos and get the one with the hydraulic brakes, di mo pagsisisihan ang hydros compared with the mechs. had a friend who came from mechs pero he said na better talaga ang hydros (pero ibang usapan na ulit to ot na ako).

after a month, a few times at camp aguinaldo and a few at fort boni trail. wala namang naging problema yung bike. Well sa fork naman daw, hehehe what do you expect sa bike na ganun ang worth di ba, mabigat, maingay, walang lock out, magalaw kahit sa flat road pero okay na sa newbie di naman agad masisira suntour din naman ang gumawa Suntour xcm 80mm travel.

regarding sa cranks, suntour na di pa hollow tech, mabigat, pero wala din namang naginf problema sa trails.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Downhiller

it's a good enough bike for the money. a friend bought one and it is really bang for the buck, a really good entry level bike.

things that i'd like to change though:
1. the grips - they are always slipping
2. the BB - someone i knew broke the BB on a 20 km ride.
3. seatpost - sobrang kulang ang length because of the geometry. to be comfy on a long ride you'll need a longer one.

other than that, sulit na bike talaga ito for the money.

also, regarding the mechanical brakes, it is good enough although i'm not sure where to get replacement pads. one thing that i noticed is that adjustable sya on both sides -- inner and outer pads. parang BB7 except that you have to use an allen wrench. malakas na rin.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
All-Mountain

Ito ba yung grip shifters? Kita ko sa All Terra yung white frame with green...

Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 PM
All-Mountain

yup grip shifters yan, sram x3 grip shifters, x3 din na rd at 8 speed cogs.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Hello! I have the same bike and I'm quite happy with it. When I bought it sabi ng mechanic to change the Bottom Bracket agad to a Shimano. I've decided to use it muna and change it na lang when the need arises. Kanina napalitan ko na... mas swabe ang bawat padyak. Tama si Mechanic!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM
All-Mountain

@mark, magkano bili mo sa bb??? mukahng isasabay ko na yun pag nagpalit ako ng pedal which is also one of the parts that needs to be replaced soon, pero kung katulad kong nite rides lang gamit, eh papalitan ko na lang pag sira na! for me yung fork nya eh decent enough na, parang xcr na rin minus the lockout.... also the grips nga keeps on slipping... hirap nga lang maghanap ng grip nito na may lock... parang gusto ko na tuloy putulin yung luma kong grip at ilipat dito sa vision ko.. yung mech brakes ko eh ang ingay, kaya intay ko na rin malaspag before changing it to a branded one... for now, ok pa sya, pero kung laging trail na tatahakin mo eh mukhang kelangan mo ng decent brakes!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 PM

I got it for 450.00 kasama kabit. I could've gotten it cheaper kung pinakabit ko na agad nung binili ko yung bike.

...ganito itsura nya

Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM

this is a decent bike indeed... my friend has one, actually dalawa na pala sila... some parts was swapped out nung binili... both are using mech brakes, and malakas ang preno nila... agaw pansin din pag nag-bi-bike kami dahil malainis tingnan (white kasi)...

Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 AM

Kanina I took this bike for a ride at wala syang naging problem. Starting point is Novaliches Bayan -> Quirino Highway -> Luneta -> PICC -> turned back, followed a Kalesa going to Binondo, ate Mami & Siopao at Masuki -> took Espana route going back to Novaliches.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Lurker

Smile Re: Vision One.Five Built Bike

I bought my vision bike last December.. For me talaga worth it especially yung nakuha ko yung Hydraulic brakes... Masarap pisilin at malakas preno... I agree to you guys sa mga comments about the bike... Time will come mapapaltan ko rin yung ibang components....

Basta enjoy biking....

Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Freeride

Smile Re: Vision One.Five Built Bike

I saw yesterday the red color vision one.five at cycle art......its eye catching....the sram X3 grip shift is more comfy for me when I tried it.......

what more if I change it to sram XO grip shift (cost 3000 pesos / pair).....I believe it will be more precise......

Old 02-14-2010, 09:44 PM

i had the chance to own the Vision One.Five built bike.. the red one.. bought it from dragunov few weeks ago.. i kinda liked the red 'coz its striking for me.. nice color combi.. tired of looking at black/silver/white..

anyways, made a couple of Sunday rides at UP.. i would say.. this is a good-entry bike.. i admit, i knew nothing about bikes.. a real newbie.. though, i have few good biker friends (nash, onalokib, col.ted & jackhammer) who influenced me to go into biking.. well, for health reasons..

now, about its parts.. haven't made any mods yet.. as they say, replace only when its broken.. the grip shifters are fine though.. low to high gears, very nice.. the XCM forks seems good enough for me.. i don't know yet when i go trailing.. as to the brakes, i noticed it's a little rough.. i guess, the generic discs were to blame..

ipon mode ulit.. planning carefully what mods to have.. baka madale tayo ng upgraditis syndrome..

Links
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM

my wife and a friend owns one, for me first to upgrade is bb, then deraillers and shifter, yung brake pag napudpud na yung pads then buy a new set.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Freeride

Got my wife a white one too. Upgraded its Rims to a pair of white GIGNs with Maxxis CrossMarks 2.1, handlebars to a white ABR 6061, Ugraded its brake systems to an Avid Juicy 7 set-up with Elixir rotors, and its saddle to a wide Schwinn

Next on the list will be its Crankset & BB, Hubs, FD, Spokes and an Epicon fork...

Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM

Great starter bike...except the mechanical brakes vibrate and squeaks during trail rides ang steep downhill. upgradable though... =)

Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byker_jay26 View Post
Great starter bike...except the mechanical brakes vibrate and squeaks during trail rides ang steep downhill. upgradable though... =)
A friend of mine also own the same bike, same observation ko madalas sumasayad ang mechanical brakes (rotor - caliper) pero kaunting adjustment sa allen bolt nya ok na ulit... sabi ko nga sa kanya pagsawaan nya muna tsaka na lang ulit i-upgrade ang brakesystem nya... estimate ko more than 100km (95% pave 5% rough) na ang na travel nun so far wala naman pang major issue... i should say sulit na sulit ang price

Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Cross-country

after 3 weeks of use by my friend, the cranks gave in. not a surprise though. mahirap lang masiraan sa gitna ng ride...so, it would be a good move to upgrade the cranks as soon as you can. according to him, one of the crank's arm lost its thread at the bb end, "bumilog" ika nga... He had it replaced including the BB. yun lang. Enjoy!