PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 AM
foh foh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Thanks for the quick reply sir! I will check out the brands that you have mentioned! I've read here that Quiapo and Cartimar is cheaper nga but is the difference that big compared to like the bike shop in GH and in Libis? I live in QC area kasi so mejo hassle pumunta ng Quiapo. Sorry for such a noob question.. so certain shops carry specific brands only since they are the distributor? ganun ba yun?


Links
  #82  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 AM
wandie1024's Avatar
wandie1024 wandie1024 is offline
Downhiller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 409
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh View Post
Thanks for the quick reply sir! I will check out the brands that you have mentioned! I've read here that Quiapo and Cartimar is cheaper nga but is the difference that big compared to like the bike shop in GH and in Libis? I live in QC area kasi so mejo hassle pumunta ng Quiapo. Sorry for such a noob question.. so certain shops carry specific brands only since they are the distributor? ganun ba yun?
no worries bro! syempre naman masmahal sa GH and Libis, tingnan mo naman clientele nila diba? anyway Life Cycle is the Philippine distributor of Giant bikes. Talk to Eric Roque the owner if he is there baka he can give you a discount, maganda din service nila.

__________________
CRANK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!
  #83  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 AM
foh foh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

hehe oo nga naman! Nakita ko na yung map nung king's dito sa forum. Saan pwede mag park pag pupunta dun? Or kailangan ba talaga mag commute?

  #84  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 AM
wandie1024's Avatar
wandie1024 wandie1024 is offline
Downhiller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 409
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh View Post
hehe oo nga naman! Nakita ko na yung map nung king's dito sa forum. Saan pwede mag park pag pupunta dun? Or kailangan ba talaga mag commute?
you can park your car dun sa may eskinita malapit sa kings. just request the tambays there to watch over your car tapos bigyan mo na lang kahit bente, or kung nag-aalangan ka, commute! just take the Megatren then baba ka sa Recto tapos konting lakad na yan.

__________________
CRANK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!
  #85  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 PM
foh foh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Thanks sir for all the tips! Anybody here can share more insights about my question? thanks!

  #86  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 PM
sir cycko sexy's Avatar
sir cycko sexy sir cycko sexy is offline
Freeride
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 361
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

karagdagan...

pwede ka rin tumingin sa extreme bike shop, sa panay ave. lang yun. madaling puntahan, qc din yun. competitive din naman ang prices.

__________________
Cool is only 3 letters away from Fool.
  #87  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
lockheed's Avatar
lockheed lockheed is offline
Bike Commuter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 91
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh View Post
Thanks sir for all the tips! Anybody here can share more insights about my question? thanks!
for giant/merida/trek built bikes (3T bikes)- extreme @ panay ave and john wilkie along jp rizal offer the best deals

for jamis/marin/khs/kona/LG built bikes (ykk bikes)- ross cycles in cartimar is the shop to patronize

for specialized/GT - its a toss up between shops that stock them. sometimes kings offers the lowest priced stumpjumper. extreme and john wilkie can match or beat prices at kings... depende na sa diskarte mo.

paulinas (3T/hans g bikes) will sell you stuff @ srp... maybe give you 500 bucks off hehehe

  #88  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
foh foh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
for giant/merida/trek built bikes (3T bikes)- extreme @ panay ave and john wilkie along jp rizal offer the best deals

for jamis/marin/khs/kona/LG built bikes (ykk bikes)- ross cycles in cartimar is the shop to patronize

for specialized/GT - its a toss up between shops that stock them. sometimes kings offers the lowest priced stumpjumper. extreme and john wilkie can match or beat prices at kings... depende na sa diskarte mo.

paulinas (3T/hans g bikes) will sell you stuff @ srp... maybe give you 500 bucks off hehehe
With the brands that you have mentioned here sir ano yung pinaka ok? in terms of bang for buck and durability?

  #89  
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
davidptrp's Avatar
davidptrp davidptrp is offline
Bike Commuter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 53
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default 15k budget for a mountain bike

hello everyone, I'm planning to buy a mountain bike for daily use as well as for some novice weekend trailing but within a very limited budget of 15k. I saw a GT mountain bike at a LBS here in Marikina City that sells for 12k, is it worth the money? Are the components of that bike good enough?
I need help on this guys, got only a budget of 15k max.
Thanks a lot

  #90  
Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
bayabas bayabas is offline
Cross-country
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 100
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Ano po yung specs nung bike.!?

Links
  #91  
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM
sylar's Avatar
sylar sylar is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidptrp View Post
hello everyone, I'm planning to buy a mountain bike for daily use as well as for some novice weekend trailing but within a very limited budget of 15k. I saw a GT mountain bike at a LBS here in Marikina City that sells for 12k, is it worth the money? Are the components of that bike good enough?
I need help on this guys, got only a budget of 15k max.
Thanks a lot

newbie here... also looking for a bike na pareho ng budget mo....

siguro yung GT na yun Avalanche 2.0 na 2008 model no??

di ko sure... hehehehehe..

  #92  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
stcbiker's Avatar
stcbiker stcbiker is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

I am also looking for an entry level bike. I saw a Merida bike FS with disc brakes in Cartimar (i forgot the name of the shop but it is close to Paulinas) for 15.5K so 12K for a built GT bike is a good price IMO.
Anybody knows where I can find this GT bike in Manila/Makati area? TIA

  #93  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
redenjaja's Avatar
redenjaja redenjaja is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

kung tama sa height mo yung frame size nun, which is probably 16" eh ok na yun, may pambili ka pa ng helmet! sana around 5'5" to 5'8" height mo. basa ka rin muna ng mga thread dito to know more, promise its worth reading, so you could make the most out of your budget

__________________
http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3049_5.gif
  #94  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
chubs914's Avatar
chubs914 chubs914 is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcbiker View Post
I am also looking for an entry level bike. I saw a Merida bike FS with disc brakes in Cartimar (i forgot the name of the shop but it is close to Paulinas) for 15.5K so 12K for a built GT bike is a good price IMO.
Anybody knows where I can find this GT bike in Manila/Makati area? TIA
what model of Merida FS with disc brakes did you see in cartimar with an unbelievable price tag of 15.5k? kasi yung MATTS HT frame ng merida already retails for 9k brand new and about 7-8k when used.

according to Merida's site, their full suspension models are as follows:

Ninety-Six (for XC race)
Mission LRS ( for recreational/sport XC)
Trans-Mission (for Trail/All-Mountain) and
One-Five-O (for Enduro/Freeride)

i hope you can enlighten us on this. kasi kung totoo nga na 15.5k yung Merida FS na sinasabi mo at built bike siya with original specifications as per Merida's website, bebenta ko yung HT ko at bibilhin ko eto.

  #95  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Marose's Avatar
Marose Marose is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 18
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

i highly reco GT (though i don't own one) for it's a brand that's well established and realiable. it's a brand that's been around for the longest time. whats good about it also is that it has an entry level bike that's very affordable. check out the avalanche 3.0, i think its less than P15K. check out arelys posts also on the buy & sell section, he's an online seller of GT and Haro bikes and my friend just bought 3 GT units from him.

__________________
Marose
  #96  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
stcbiker's Avatar
stcbiker stcbiker is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Sorry bossing my mistake, I saw a Merida Hard Tail (not FS) in Cartimar...

  #97  
Old 03-19-2009, 01:09 AM
davidptrp's Avatar
davidptrp davidptrp is offline
Bike Commuter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 53
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayabas View Post
Ano po yung specs nung bike.!?
basta naka disc brakes, hardtail. I'm not sure about the size sana yung fit sa height ko na 5'9"

  #98  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
aduken_blaster's Avatar
aduken_blaster aduken_blaster is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Mga newbie's like me.. First sir, saan po nyo gagamitin ang MTB? anu po yun riding styles? Budget? After nito, may mga fellow members here that willing to help you.. Among the beginners, they always find their MTB for a built one. just look for the KHS, MARIN and SPECIALIZED.. I think all the price range is just around 15-18k. If your confuse, ask for the year model then look at the website to verify the specs if true and lastly, invest on your safety gears and tools before hitting the ROAD

Ride Safe Always!!

  #99  
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 PM
sylar's Avatar
sylar sylar is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marose View Post
i highly reco GT (though i don't own one) for it's a brand that's well established and realiable. it's a brand that's been around for the longest time. whats good about it also is that it has an entry level bike that's very affordable. check out the avalanche 3.0, i think its less than P15K. check out arelys posts also on the buy & sell section, he's an online seller of GT and Haro bikes and my friend just bought 3 GT units from him.
boss... oo nga pala.. si sir Arelys 17K ang kanyang GT Avalache 3.0..

meron siya 16K Haro yun... heto o...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSC03165.jpg

  #100  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 PM
aduken_blaster's Avatar
aduken_blaster aduken_blaster is offline
All-Mountain
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

You might consider also this built bikes:

Marin Alpine Trail '09 = 18k
Jamis X3 '09 = 18k
KHS XC-004 = 20k

Or just buy a decent frame and built it one by one slowy

Don't forget the safety gears and tools

Links
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advice on built bikes, good built bikes, manila, mountain bike, mtb 11k, new bike, newbie, provincial

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hybrid bike for 15k budget!! damsel76 Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions 35 03-19-2014 05:21 PM
15k Budget Customized / Branded Wheelset ryumahon Wheels and Tires 20 12-18-2013 08:14 AM
Budget 15k to 18k for Fork suspension and 13k to 15k groupset for 29er bike?? monggie78 Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions 0 12-06-2011 09:29 PM
on choosing a built bike (70k-80k budget) or build your own toothfairy320 Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions 21 03-12-2011 10:23 PM

Shimano Ibis Cycles Welcome to Ventana Mountain Bikes USA Industry Nine Araya Industry

PinoyMTBiker Toolbar For IE and Mozilla

Sports Blogs Sports & Recreation - Top Blogs Philippines Sports Blogs Ratified.org Philippines Push 2 Check Promote Your Blog

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PinoyMTBikerŪ Community, 2003-2011
Ad Management by RedTyger