PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Best built bike for 15k budget?

Thanks for the quick reply sir! I will check out the brands that you have mentioned! I've read here that Quiapo and Cartimar is cheaper nga but is the difference that big compared to like the bike shop in GH and in Libis? I live in QC area kasi so mejo hassle pumunta ng Quiapo. Sorry for such a noob question.. so certain shops carry specific brands only since they are the distributor? ganun ba yun?

Links
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh View Post
Thanks for the quick reply sir! I will check out the brands that you have mentioned! I've read here that Quiapo and Cartimar is cheaper nga but is the difference that big compared to like the bike shop in GH and in Libis? I live in QC area kasi so mejo hassle pumunta ng Quiapo. Sorry for such a noob question.. so certain shops carry specific brands only since they are the distributor? ganun ba yun?
no worries bro! syempre naman masmahal sa GH and Libis, tingnan mo naman clientele nila diba? anyway Life Cycle is the Philippine distributor of Giant bikes. Talk to Eric Roque the owner if he is there baka he can give you a discount, maganda din service nila.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 AM

hehe oo nga naman! Nakita ko na yung map nung king's dito sa forum. Saan pwede mag park pag pupunta dun? Or kailangan ba talaga mag commute?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Downhiller

Quote:
hehe oo nga naman! Nakita ko na yung map nung king's dito sa forum. Saan pwede mag park pag pupunta dun? Or kailangan ba talaga mag commute?
you can park your car dun sa may eskinita malapit sa kings. just request the tambays there to watch over your car tapos bigyan mo na lang kahit bente, or kung nag-aalangan ka, commute! just take the Megatren then baba ka sa Recto tapos konting lakad na yan.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Thanks sir for all the tips! Anybody here can share more insights about my question? thanks!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Freeride

karagdagan...

pwede ka rin tumingin sa extreme bike shop, sa panay ave. lang yun. madaling puntahan, qc din yun. competitive din naman ang prices.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Thanks sir for all the tips! Anybody here can share more insights about my question? thanks!
for giant/merida/trek built bikes (3T bikes)- extreme @ panay ave and john wilkie along jp rizal offer the best deals

for jamis/marin/khs/kona/LG built bikes (ykk bikes)- ross cycles in cartimar is the shop to patronize

for specialized/GT - its a toss up between shops that stock them. sometimes kings offers the lowest priced stumpjumper. extreme and john wilkie can match or beat prices at kings... depende na sa diskarte mo.

paulinas (3T/hans g bikes) will sell you stuff @ srp... maybe give you 500 bucks off hehehe

Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
for giant/merida/trek built bikes (3T bikes)- extreme @ panay ave and john wilkie along jp rizal offer the best deals

for jamis/marin/khs/kona/LG built bikes (ykk bikes)- ross cycles in cartimar is the shop to patronize

for specialized/GT - its a toss up between shops that stock them. sometimes kings offers the lowest priced stumpjumper. extreme and john wilkie can match or beat prices at kings... depende na sa diskarte mo.

paulinas (3T/hans g bikes) will sell you stuff @ srp... maybe give you 500 bucks off hehehe
With the brands that you have mentioned here sir ano yung pinaka ok? in terms of bang for buck and durability?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Bike Commuter

Default 15k budget for a mountain bike

hello everyone, I'm planning to buy a mountain bike for daily use as well as for some novice weekend trailing but within a very limited budget of 15k. I saw a GT mountain bike at a LBS here in Marikina City that sells for 12k, is it worth the money? Are the components of that bike good enough?
I need help on this guys, got only a budget of 15k max.
Thanks a lot

Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Cross-country

Default Re: 15k budget for a mountain bike

Ano po yung specs nung bike.!?

Links
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidptrp View Post
hello everyone, I'm planning to buy a mountain bike for daily use as well as for some novice weekend trailing but within a very limited budget of 15k. I saw a GT mountain bike at a LBS here in Marikina City that sells for 12k, is it worth the money? Are the components of that bike good enough?
I need help on this guys, got only a budget of 15k max.
Thanks a lot

newbie here... also looking for a bike na pareho ng budget mo....

siguro yung GT na yun Avalanche 2.0 na 2008 model no??

di ko sure... hehehehehe..

Old 03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Lurker

I am also looking for an entry level bike. I saw a Merida bike FS with disc brakes in Cartimar (i forgot the name of the shop but it is close to Paulinas) for 15.5K so 12K for a built GT bike is a good price IMO.
Anybody knows where I can find this GT bike in Manila/Makati area? TIA

Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
All-Mountain

kung tama sa height mo yung frame size nun, which is probably 16" eh ok na yun, may pambili ka pa ng helmet! sana around 5'5" to 5'8" height mo. basa ka rin muna ng mga thread dito to know more, promise its worth reading, so you could make the most out of your budget

Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcbiker View Post
I am also looking for an entry level bike. I saw a Merida bike FS with disc brakes in Cartimar (i forgot the name of the shop but it is close to Paulinas) for 15.5K so 12K for a built GT bike is a good price IMO.
Anybody knows where I can find this GT bike in Manila/Makati area? TIA
what model of Merida FS with disc brakes did you see in cartimar with an unbelievable price tag of 15.5k? kasi yung MATTS HT frame ng merida already retails for 9k brand new and about 7-8k when used.

according to Merida's site, their full suspension models are as follows:

Ninety-Six (for XC race)
Mission LRS ( for recreational/sport XC)
Trans-Mission (for Trail/All-Mountain) and
One-Five-O (for Enduro/Freeride)

i hope you can enlighten us on this. kasi kung totoo nga na 15.5k yung Merida FS na sinasabi mo at built bike siya with original specifications as per Merida's website, bebenta ko yung HT ko at bibilhin ko eto.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM

i highly reco GT (though i don't own one) for it's a brand that's well established and realiable. it's a brand that's been around for the longest time. whats good about it also is that it has an entry level bike that's very affordable. check out the avalanche 3.0, i think its less than P15K. check out arelys posts also on the buy & sell section, he's an online seller of GT and Haro bikes and my friend just bought 3 GT units from him.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Lurker

Sorry bossing my mistake, I saw a Merida Hard Tail (not FS) in Cartimar...

Old 03-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayabas View Post
Ano po yung specs nung bike.!?
basta naka disc brakes, hardtail. I'm not sure about the size sana yung fit sa height ko na 5'9"

Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
All-Mountain

Mga newbie's like me.. First sir, saan po nyo gagamitin ang MTB? anu po yun riding styles? Budget? After nito, may mga fellow members here that willing to help you.. Among the beginners, they always find their MTB for a built one. just look for the KHS, MARIN and SPECIALIZED.. I think all the price range is just around 15-18k. If your confuse, ask for the year model then look at the website to verify the specs if true and lastly, invest on your safety gears and tools before hitting the ROAD

Ride Safe Always!!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 PM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marose View Post
i highly reco GT (though i don't own one) for it's a brand that's well established and realiable. it's a brand that's been around for the longest time. whats good about it also is that it has an entry level bike that's very affordable. check out the avalanche 3.0, i think its less than P15K. check out arelys posts also on the buy & sell section, he's an online seller of GT and Haro bikes and my friend just bought 3 GT units from him.
boss... oo nga pala.. si sir Arelys 17K ang kanyang GT Avalache 3.0..

meron siya 16K Haro yun... heto o...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSC03165.jpg

Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 PM
All-Mountain

You might consider also this built bikes:

Marin Alpine Trail '09 = 18k
Jamis X3 '09 = 18k
KHS XC-004 = 20k

Or just buy a decent frame and built it one by one slowy

Don't forget the safety gears and tools

Links