PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Road Bike Section

Road Bike Section For our road cousin!

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines

Old 12-23-2014, 03:06 PM

Default Re: CycloCross (CX) bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
How much is the bike fit service? Does that include mtb, road, and tri geo?
as i remember a basic bike fit in BTC or Lifecycle costs Php1k, a Retul bike fit in Primo costs about around Php10k i think

Links
Old 12-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
Nice. They sell built Hakkalugi bikes there? Ibis' website advertises the Hakkalugi Disc as a frame-only option (i.e. no built-up bikes).

As mentioned before, going the frame-only route restricts your choice of disc brakes to road/short-pull Avid BB5s and BB7s...unless you import. Would be great to get TRP HyRds on a CX bike though.
Yes, I believe they sell pre-built Ibis Hakkalugi bikes. I can't remember clearly but I think the one they had on display came pre-built with Shimano Ultegra groupset, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and what looks to be carbon cyclocross wheels (?). I'm not totally sure as I was looking closely at the hydraulic brakes and ignoring the other components hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
How much is the bike fit service? Does that include mtb, road, and tri geo?
The bike fit service I signed up for is just the standard bike fit and costs Php 1.5K. They will measure you for a particular bike geometry and discipline. So you can choose from different bike geometries like road bike, mountain bike, cyclocross, touring, time trial, triathlon etc. Afterwards they will adjust the measurements depending on the type of riding you will be doing. They also have a machine like the one below for a detailed and more extensive bike fit but I think that bike fit service costs more.

The printout they provided me is for one type of bike geometry only (I initially got measured for a Cyclocross bike). But they told me that if later on I decide to get a different bike, I can just call the shop and they will email me the measurements for that bike geometry. So I think you can just call BTC and they will email you the measurements for MTB, Road Bike, Triathlon, and other bike geometries you requested.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:16 PM

got hit by upgradetitis earlier as i was having my bottom bracket serviced in Lifecycle, without thinking i bought a white drop bar tape....

Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeeJaay View Post
got hit by upgradetitis earlier as i was having my bottom bracket serviced in Lifecycle, without thinking i bought a white drop bar tape....

What happened to your bottom bracket bro?

White bar tape looks great but is also a pain to keep clean I found if I don't wear gloves while riding it just gets dingy just looking at it wrong hehe

Old 12-26-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
What happened to your bottom bracket bro?

White bar tape looks great but is also a pain to keep clean I found if I don't wear gloves while riding it just gets dingy just looking at it wrong hehe
there is a clicking noise when pedaling hard, it goes away for a while after a bike wash but after a few kms it comes back. Mang Boy fixed the problem in a jiffy.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Downhiller

I've put in 2779 km on the TCX since purchase in May 2014.

Parked at Seafood Island Bikers' Cafe, MOA

Old 01-08-2015, 08:20 PM

mga sir may mga LBS ba na nagbebenta ng mini v-brakes around metro manila? im planning to replace the cantis on my cx bike due to not-so-good braking power. more on touring naman ang gamit ko sa kanya so I wouldn't worry about mud clearance and stuff.

@Type 100

san mo nabili yung rack at fenders mo? and their cost? thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Downhiller

The line between CX and monstercross (MTB to drop-bar CX conversions) just got blurred. Check out these DynaSys-compatible 10-speed Gevenalle GX shifters!

Gevenalle had similar but road-RD-compatible CX shifters before; these GX ones are tweaked for the cable pull of a DynaSys MTB RD. You can now use any MTB RD and fit a cassette with a 36T max cog. In case your RD hanger bites the dust, you can even switch this to friction shifting.

More details here

Quote:
Originally Posted by h663rst View Post
@Type 100

san mo nabili yung rack at fenders mo? and their cost? thanks in advance.
Ebay from a US seller called "ichigear." Just under PhP5000 for the lot, plus shipping.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Bike Commuter

this is awesome! monstercross refers only to 29r frames? this seems to be the case since cx bikes are 700c.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Bike Commuter

Has anyone seen the new Traction GRRIT Cyclocross bike?

(Pictures courtesy of JBL Bike Shop)

Specifications
Frame: Hydroformed Alloy 6061
Fork: Alloy Fork
STI Shifters: Shimano Claris STI 8-speed
Handlebar: Traction drop bar alloy
Stem: Traction Alloy
Crank: Shimano Claris
Axle: Sealed Bearing
FD: Shimano Claris
RD: Shimano Claris
Cogs: Shimano 8 Speed
Tires: Kenda Kwick Trax 700x32c
Rims: Weinmann 700c Alloy Double wall rims
Spokes: Stainless steel Black

According to sellers, the bike is sourced from Taiwan and is selling for the budget friendly price of Php 24K ~ Php 25K

Links
Old 01-20-2015, 07:42 PM
Downhiller

It's on sale already at a Laguna bike shop. Definitely the cheapest CX bike around as of January 2015...it undercuts the similarly-specced Jamis Nova Sport by PhP8,000