PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Road Bike Section

Road Bike Section For our road cousin!

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM

Default Re: CycloCross (CX) bikes

Quote:
CX bike kasi is like a breakin period bago mag full blast roadie... for not so extreme off road riding lang naman kasi ang CX pero dipende pa rin sa skill syempre.
i-tama lang natin, the CX bike it is not a transition bike from MTB to Road bike. as the name implies, the CX bike is intended for Cyclo-cross racing.

Cyclo-cross (sometimes cyclocross, CX, CCX, cyclo-X or 'cross) is a form of bicycle racing. Races typically take place in the autumn and winter (the international or "World Cup" season is October–February), and consist of many laps of a short (2.5–3.5 km or 1.5–2 mile) course featuring pavement, wooded trails, grass, steep hills and obstacles requiring the rider to quickly dismount, carry the bike while navigating the obstruction and remount. Races for senior categories are generally between 30 minutes and an hour long, with the distance varying depending on the ground conditions. The sport is strongest in the traditional road cycling countries such as Belgium (Flanders in particular), France and the Netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclo-cross

i do agree that you should get the right bike that is appropriate for your riding style.

Links
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1179 View Post
i-tama lang natin, the CX bike it is not a transition bike from MTB to Road bike. as the name implies, the CX bike is intended for Cyclo-cross racing.
WELL EXCUSE ME FOR SOUNDING LIKE A TOTAL NOOB ON CX BIKES!!! seems you mis-understood my sentence...alam ko istorya at racing purpose ng cx bikes, ok! kaya nga sabi ko..."is like"...I'm not talking about the general knowledge about CX bikes but a more practical use for mtb riders just like me trying out cx bikes that would or might soon lead to full blown roadies bikers/bikes . parang kasing limitado ang road bike kumpara sa cx bike. sa cx bike lagyan mo lang ng skinny tires yan "PARANG" road bike na rin syempre not totally bec. of technical design stuff road bikes have.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
All-Mountain

Dream CX bike hehe