PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Cross-country

Default Re: Infinity Mountain Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu11et View Post
masters, what would you recommend to upgrade first if you have an infinity 29er? medyo mahirap pumadyak compare to my gts 26er. same lang naman ng lapad which 2.1.

current setup:
kenda 29 2.1 <- i prefer this as im in to trails
deore lx <- stock
35 tire pressure if on road and 25 during trails

ano po kaya budget friendly na upgrade para gumaan ang padjak ko.

thanks in advance
Probably an upgrade on leg power.

Kidding aside, kung hindi upgrade sa wheelset, siguro sa crankset. Go for Deore or better. Mas magaan sa padyakan.

It's not always about the destination. ^_^
Links
Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachikoma View Post
Probably an upgrade on leg power.

Kidding aside, kung hindi upgrade sa wheelset, siguro sa crankset. Go for Deore or better. Mas magaan sa padyakan.
deore na po yung crank but still medyo nabibigatan parin ako compare to my 26er gts. yun nga lang puro xt parts na kasi gts ko whilte 29er eh acera

Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Global Moderator

let's put things into perspective...mas malaki ang wheel diameter, talagang mas mabigat ang feeling nyan even if you go XTR.

upgrade your wheelset or change your tires to something like semi slicks, ramdam agad ang difference

Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Buhayin ko lang thread na ito...
Noob member hear and a proud owner of a matte black Infinity Highroller with Acera groupset. Purchased for 16k, paid via CC, 0% 6 months to pay. I feel that was a good deal since I did not have to shell out big bucks right away. Been using the bike for 3 months now mostly on paved roads, I don't have the guts plus the skill/stamina to tackle dirt trails just yet. Build up muna ako ng lakas at resistensya.

Wanted to ask lang since noob lang ako sa mtb and it's parts, is the BB that comes with the Acera groupset already sealed type? I noticed kasi after using the bike for around an hour na parang may tumutunog sa crank area, para bang lagatok/grinding sound. Faint sound lang naman and it doesn't affect the performance. Nakaka irita lang whenever I hear it, and being a bit OC I get the feeling that something is wrong. When I use the bike the following day wala na yung sound, but after an hour of constant use ayan nanaman. I just had the drivetrain serviced and lubed, shifting is smoother now than when I first rode the bike after I bought it.
Another thing I wanted to ask, is it normal for the chain to be scraping on the FD when I am on the biggest chainring and the smallest cog/sprocket? As mentioned earlier the drivetrain has just been serviced/tuned so I am thinking that this is a normal occurrence. Tama ba assumption ko?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 AM
All-Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmoe View Post
Buhayin ko lang thread na ito...
Noob member hear and a proud owner of a matte black Infinity Highroller with Acera groupset. Purchased for 16k, paid via CC, 0% 6 months to pay. I feel that was a good deal since I did not have to shell out big bucks right away. Been using the bike for 3 months now mostly on paved roads, I don't have the guts plus the skill/stamina to tackle dirt trails just yet. Build up muna ako ng lakas at resistensya.

Wanted to ask lang since noob lang ako sa mtb and it's parts, is the BB that comes with the Acera groupset already sealed type? I noticed kasi after using the bike for around an hour na parang may tumutunog sa crank area, para bang lagatok/grinding sound. Faint sound lang naman and it doesn't affect the performance. Nakaka irita lang whenever I hear it, and being a bit OC I get the feeling that something is wrong. When I use the bike the following day wala na yung sound, but after an hour of constant use ayan nanaman. I just had the drivetrain serviced and lubed, shifting is smoother now than when I first rode the bike after I bought it.
Another thing I wanted to ask, is it normal for the chain to be scraping on the FD when I am on the biggest chainring and the smallest cog/sprocket? As mentioned earlier the drivetrain has just been serviced/tuned so I am thinking that this is a normal occurrence. Tama ba assumption ko?
first question is, are you sure that the bb you have installed is a shimano un26? other chiwanese 'sealed bb' kuno suffer from grinding sound after a short while. i experienced this with just a few weekend mud rides. when i opened up the bb was a neco chiwanese brand with ordinary bearings on both ends - very far from how an original shimano un26 looks like.

1 - ensure that your bb, pedals, and crank bolts are correctly tightened.
2 - if you are certain that's your bb that's grinding, replace it with a shimano un26. 9 speed? check on the manual, i think you'll need a 127mm spindle length else you'll get chain rub on the smallest cassette big/middle ring combo with the next cassette.

i've been running on original un26 and alivio in my 29er and banging/dropping it here and there... still holding up pretty well under my 170# weight.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yan din hinala ko, that the BB isn't orig Shimano. I should have had the BB inspected when I had the bike serviced pala.
Good point sa spindle, that's another thing I will need to check.

Links