PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store MT Pro Bikes Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports ISOLINK Mtb Suspension System Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano Business Venture 888 - 12 O'Clock Bike Components Parts and Accessories.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Long Distance Bike Ride.

yun lang, if you haven't been to mindoro, check mo yung mga trails na nasa gallery section. just recently galing dun si papi rocky. hindi biro ang pagiging remote ng ibang parts ng mindoro.

Links
Old 06-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Freeride

Don't forget to bring ample amount of chain lube para magaan ang padyak.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Single-Speeder

just did a long ride kahapon
if the trip is several months away, you should start riding everyday to condition your pwet
I ate/drank on the bike and off,so I had no problems w/ bonking
Pero the pain in the ********** is almost unbearable
I suggest standing up not just on the descents but everytime you coast to save your pwet
If anybody has suggestions to lessen pwet pain, it will be appreciated

Old 06-09-2013, 11:15 PM

Nope hindi ako taga Mindoro bro pero nakadaan na ko papuntang Iloilo in that route pero nakasakay ako sa 10 wheeler namin

Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Freeride

mga sirs epic ride naba ang 100 km distance oh kulang pa? I'm from negros oriental and planning to head for Bayawan and maybe and up go up towards mabinay and back down bais back to Dumaguete. probably a total of more or less 300kms?

hintay hintay nalang sa go signal ni Gf if papayagan

Old 06-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigormortis View Post
Nope hindi ako taga Mindoro bro pero nakadaan na ko papuntang Iloilo in that routOks e pero nakasakay ako sa 10 wheeler namin
Oks naman po dun yung daanan? Kasi may nakita akong video recently sa isang website yung occidental mindoro daw may mga rough roads. I'm assuming na hindi masyadong na develop yung part na dun kasi hindi part ng SRNH. Safe naman pa dun pumadyak? hahah

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozhua130 View Post
mga sirs epic ride naba ang 100 km distance oh kulang pa? I'm from negros oriental and planning to head for Bayawan and maybe and up go up towards mabinay and back down bais back to Dumaguete. probably a total of more or less 300kms?

hintay hintay nalang sa go signal ni Gf if papayagan
Pwede na yen pre, yung mga suggestions nila sa thread should apply to you din, medyo malayo din ang travel mo ah. I'm a native pala of Negros Occidental.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM

Talking Re: Long Distance Bike Ride.

Hindi ka dadaan ng Occidental Mindoro,Calapan to Roxas ka lang ang Occidental Mindoro is Batangas-Abra de Ilog ang tagos nun is San Jose-Magsaysay-Bulalacao na dulo ng Oriental Mindoro

Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 AM

try to seek people who wants to join on your adventure, mdyo mahirap at delikado mag solo ride lalu na sa gnyan kalayo...

Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullBiker View Post
try to seek people who wants to join on your adventure, mdyo mahirap at delikado mag solo ride lalu na sa gnyan kalayo...
Yup I'm trying haha.. I have to agree medyo malayo din sya eh, bud sadly yung mga friends ko dito mga couch potatoes... hahah

Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Global Moderator

walang problema yung layo...yung security ang alalahanin mo. a friend of mine recently went on vacation in Abra de ilog....insurgents are rampant in the area. I'm not saying it's bad...I'm just saying be wary of your route if you choose to take it.

Links
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Single-Speeder

extra chain na rin siguro. ang layo nyan.... hehehe.

good luck and be safe!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
All-Mountain

tama c doboltap bro. the cannondale stage 3 saddle will give you a problem. my pwet starts hurting at only a distance of 20kms. try to tune/fit your trail 5 for best comfort even with a 'little' sacrifice on aerodynamics, your not in a race anyway. better invest na lang on a comfort saddle that wont give you problems especialy in the prostate area... try reading experiences like: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?page_id=148051 ... the Serfas Dorado Mx-2 Saddle looks promising also. some of the guys here may have better experience. you can always change back to your stock saddle when not in epic rides. Good Luck and stay safe.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
PMTB Mentor

in doing long trip solo, like everybody said....prepare mo muna ang body conditioning mo. second is knowing the route, tapos mga connecting ferry scheds sa mga port/s, etc. importante din is packing light (are you carrying your things in a pannier or a backpack?) pakundisyon mo na din ang rig mo kasi there's nothing more hassle than an aborted trip because of some problems with the rig.

i did lipa-batangas city-calapan-roxas solo and one thing i can advise you is just ride withput any pressure rest when you have to, enjoy the scenery, and stop to take pictures when you have to. basta enjoy it lang.you'll be surprised that at the end of the ride..........you did not do an epic ride but instead you have DISCOVERED YOUR SOUL.....

Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Single-Speeder

nakaka inspire yan mga solo adventure ride nyo
Gusto ko rin mag isa ,walang pera except for food , meet people kahit npa , take pics

2 pa lang long ride na nagawa ko
So I dont know if people here w/ more experience would agree
I prefer to carry cargo sa bike carrier rather than a back pack
Bukod sa mainit sa likod naiipon ang pawis , the added weight torments your pwet even more
Plus I only got to drink half of my water. The other half I kept pouring on my batok
My old triathlon eating sked of - food(power kamote or baconsilog ) for every hour of effort kept me from bonking though

Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 PM

As stated earlier by someone else, you will NOT be passing Via Occidental Mindoro, Abra De ilog or San Jose. From Batangas port you will take the National highway and pass through at least 7 towns (Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Soccorro, Pinamalayan, Gloria, Bansud and Bongabong before reaching Roxas City.

The RoRo leaves Danggay Port in Roxas city at around 8:30AM, so it would be better to target your arrival in Roxas City the day earlier so you can take a rest in any of the hotels in Roxas.

The road leading to Roxas is well paved, but there are plenty of speeding vans and UV's that drive recklessly and you have to watch out for these. The climb starts in Bansud all the way to Batangan and Siangi in Bongabong, but after that it will be downhill all the way to Roxas. If you are concerned w/ the Insurgents, from time to time they are known to hang around near Batangan and the Bridge in Siangi both in Bongabong. However, they have not been known to harass solitary bikers.

I did this route with friends when we joined the ECIP advocacy ride all the way to the Ati village in Bulabog, Boracay. Medyo makunat yung, Bongabong part, so better prepare for that although maraming recovery areas.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrax76 View Post
walang problema yung layo...yung security ang alalahanin mo. a friend of mine recently went on vacation in Abra de ilog....insurgents are rampant in the area. I'm not saying it's bad...I'm just saying be wary of your route if you choose to take it.
Yup yun din ang concerns of going eh, I have little to no knowledge about Mindoro, ang Caticlan - Ilo-ilo medyo meron pa. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rino View Post
As stated earlier by someone else, you will NOT be passing Via Occidental Mindoro, Abra De ilog or San Jose. From Batangas port you will take the National highway and pass through at least 7 towns (Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Soccorro, Pinamalayan, Gloria, Bansud and Bongabong before reaching Roxas City.

The RoRo leaves Danggay Port in Roxas city at around 8:30AM, so it would be better to target your arrival in Roxas City the day earlier so you can take a rest in any of the hotels in Roxas.

The road leading to Roxas is well paved, but there are plenty of speeding vans and UV's that drive recklessly and you have to watch out for these. The climb starts in Bansud all the way to Batangan and Siangi in Bongabong, but after that it will be downhill all the way to Roxas. If you are concerned w/ the Insurgents, from time to time they are known to hang around near Batangan and the Bridge in Siangi both in Bongabong. However, they have not been known to harass solitary bikers.

I did this route with friends when we joined the ECIP advocacy ride all the way to the Ati village in Bulabog, Boracay. Medyo makunat yung, Bongabong part, so better prepare for that although maraming recovery areas.
Thanks sir for the head's up, But what particular insurgents are there in Mindoro?

Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Downhiller

For those of you who want a long to ride to Panay Island you can just bike to Batangas Port (120kms from QC). You can take a ship direct to Caticlan Port, ship leaves at 9pm so no need of a hurry during ride to Batangas port. You'll no longer pass by Mindoro.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Remember Murphy's Law, prepare to deal with things you did not prepare for Good luck sir if ever you plan to go to the opposite side of the compass next time you are welcome to stop over at our sari-sari store in Pangasinan

Links