PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Home Trails > Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions

Newbie's Frequently Asked Questions For newbies who wanted to ask any info on mountainbiking stuff.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales G. C. Cyclist Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing IronBike.net MyNextBike.com Azione Sports Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines

Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Default Things to consider on buying bike

Hi! I'm Planning to set-up a MTB. With a very limited budget. Gusto ko lang malaman ang opinion nyo for parts that I need to consider first or dapat pagpundaran ko na sa umpisa palang.

Maraming Salamat!!

Links
Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Cross-country

you have to realize that setting up a good downhill bike requires more than a standard XC mtb.. thats the whole bike blus the body armor pa...

an entry level hardtail XC bike = 12-15t
an entry level full sus XC bike = 21-29t
an entry level AM/freeride bike = 30-40t
an entry level downhill bike = 60t upwards + body armour P10k

thats alot of money to consider... choose wisely and safely bro..

Old 10-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Global Moderator

err...alin ba talaga? DH or MTB?

anyway bigboy has summed it up. btw, for DH, consider mo rin yung transport going to the top of the hill, and someone to pick you up at the bottom of the run.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Bike Commuter

Kung MTB lang bro, 12-15k pwede na nga. Tapos practice muna sa UP! I'm new myself so ngayon ko lang din nakikita ang mga preference ko by constantly riding.
As everyone here will most likely tell you, go to King's or a bike shop that you feel you can trust with selling you an entry level bike. God bless!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 AM

jaypee, thanks but as much as I like to go to UP and King's di pwede kasi taga-laguna po ako. But anyways may pinupuntahan ang mga ka-officemates ko papasama ako and go to cartimar as well. mega-canvass nga kasi tight ang budget...

Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 AM
All-Mountain

settle for 2nd hand dude... the cheapest you can get bnew is a mall bike which in the end mas malaki magiging gastos mo..... trust me, i've seen people/ members and non-members committed the same mistake.....

get a 2nd hand bike pero you have to consider the geometry... geometry is the most important thing to consider when buying a bike... as a starter bike... wag mo ibabase ang decision making mo sa kulay or itsura.... always get a bike that will fit your height properly. parang computer lang yan... always base your decision on the application you'll gonna use it... bakit ka bibili ng top of the line kung mag MS WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL, SURFING, DOWNLOAD PICTURE, WATCH ONLINE MOVIE ka lang... kahit pentium3 lang yan tatakbo yan...

and good helmet brand.. ika nga ng karamihan, walang surplus na ulo ng tao sa palengke.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 AM

Thanks g.b.b and to the rest of the guys, so it's geometry then, ano bang tama para sa akin kasi i'm 5'6". And kung saan ko gagamitin. May punto ka, kung sa tabi-tabi at pang-punta lang ng palengke ba't kapa gagastos di ba..

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.b.b View Post
good helmet brand.. ika nga ng karamihan, walang surplus na ulo ng tao sa palengke.
like this one, i'll keep this in mind.

Thanks ulit!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 AM
All-Mountain

5'-6" try 15" to 16" of frame and 70-90mm stem. and stick to rigid fork kung palengke lang kamo...

Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.b.b View Post
5'-6" try 15" to 16" of frame and 70-90mm stem. and stick to rigid fork kung palengke lang kamo...
thanks! I'll take note of it. Pero g.b.b don't get me wrong I'm into biking talaga, palengke will just be warm ups...

matagal na kasi akong nateng-ga for biking..

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
All-Mountain

yeah... ako din before... sabi ko leg work out and cardio lang... ayun naka tengga na mga gym equipment ko hehehe

Links