PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Technical Help & Information > Other Parts and Accessories

Other Parts and Accessories Tech info/help for: Headset, Handlebar, Handle Post, Grips
Hydration bags, Lighting Products, Cyclo-computer, SPDs, Clipless
and other Accessories and parts not found on other categories.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Default Noseless Saddles

Where can one get these saddles? For those who have tried these saddles, would you recommend these? Hope you could enlighten us by sharing you experiences? TIA
Leadership Friendship Service
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Default Re: Noseless Saddles

Theres a reason why this type of saddle isnt popular, its because it doesnt work.

The nose of the saddle is an essential part of the saddle. When you are climbing while seated, you move forward to move your center of gravity and put weight onto the front tire. Cant do that on a noseless saddle. The nose of the saddle is also used in technical riding where the inner thigh hold on to the saddle. Cant do that with a noseless saddle either.

Pedalling dynamics isnt the same either. You legs will not be able to up and down the same as straddling a saddle. Try this: sit at the edge of your seat. That is how you would sit on a noseless saddle. Now move your legs up and down as if you were pedaling. Any further back the back of the legs will hit edge. Any forward and youre no longer seated correctly and you wont be able to put power onto the pedals.

If pain persists and cant be solved by proper cycling shorts and a well fitting saddle, you might want to look into riding recumbent bikes.
Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Bike Commuter
Default Re: Noseless Saddles

are you having problems with your current saddle?

I used to have problems with a "nosed" saddle until I found a perfect fit for my **********.

I have gone through the following:

1. Active narrow saddle - too painful in the perineum area
2. wtb sst saddle - same as above
3. Selle italia x0 saddle (with middle cutout)- perfect but got eventually painful on my sit bones during long rides
4. Selle sportourer FLX men's (with middle cutout) - super comfy but too bulky. best used for road rides because of the gel thing.
5. Selle italia x0 saddle (same as number 3) - I acquired more saddle time and now, longer rides are not a problem, just need to standup from the bike from time to time.

I think yung pinaka important part ng saddle is yung cutout sa gitna so as not to harm/press against our perineum area.

I'm also looking at selle smp saddles kasi mas malaki cutout niya at mukhang mas "ergonomic".

Meron din noseless saddles na mukhang effective like the ISM saddles but I think mejo expensive siya.

Last edited by athlonfan; 04-11-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added info