PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Images & Videos Gallery > Trail Gallery > In & Around Metro Manila Trails

Notices

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Bike Commuter

Wink Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

As Expected since malapit na ang Soshine Cycling (good luck sa mga mag jojoin!) event dami nag ppractice sa trails kanina A very good trail for local peeps and newbies like me with lots of turns/switchbacks and a single big hill with some areas for ascending/descending. Don't expect any technical stuff like other trails here. Soil is medyo clay/muddy when wet so good trail tires will help a lot to shed mud and prevent slippage.

Will try to see if I can go again some mornings this week and maybe catch some of you halimaws training for the trail runs.

Entrance to the Trails

Road going to the Hill

Good morning Alabang

Friend rider riding the trails

Overlooking the trail (there's a biker in that shot)

Pahinga na

Pahinga na after a few rounds for me and a lot of rounds for them
Links
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

Mukhang kayo yung nakita ko Sir kanina sa trails, pasimula pa lang ako. My bike GIANT XTC FR HT Frame (white/Blue/Black). See you at the event and goodluck!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Bike Commuter

Talking Re: Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by amielp26 View Post
Mukhang kayo yung nakita ko Sir kanina sa trails, pasimula pa lang ako. My bike GIANT XTC FR HT Frame (white/Blue/Black). See you at the event and goodluck!
Oo kami nga malamang yun, kayo ba yung group na nag bike din dun sa flat tracks sa kabilang side din?
Yung mga kasama ko very early nag start eh, I think 5:30am pa lang dun na sila. Sige thanks good luck din

Hmmmm my interest in those advance riders who rarely brake and swiftly take on the curves made me drop by the trail this morning. I wanted to take pix of them doing their thing and maybe get some insights on the proper technique(s) taking curves fast w/o breaking. Unfortunately they weren't around when I got there, only the runners were around but I'm guessing they'll be there tomorrow morning After doing a run and muddying up my tires I went home for usual buzziness and noticed an unwanted hitch-hiker with me...

Once you enter the Trail this is the straight stretch till you turn left and head up the hill. Lakas pala ng flashlight ko parang araw ang lakas...

Due to the rain last night the track was muddy so I had to cleanup again before taking the bike in the house

If you ever feel itchy during or after the run the culprit could be this unwanted passenger... still chillin' on my camera bag. Hay higad!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
syano09

sir, it was a pleasure riding with you again. And bring your camera with you every ride.Para ako naman ang may pektyur.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 PM

sir, saan banda ang entrance nito? thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Bike Commuter

Thumbs up Re: Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade16 View Post
sir, saan banda ang entrance nito? thanks
Sir entrance ng Trail mismo? *Note this is the entrance of the trail I understood based on the LR event, not sure if they'll change it.

Coming from Daang Hari/ATC taking Commerce Ave. the next street after Petron (on your right) you'll see a street where it is blocked by Black barrels and yellow/black barricade, go in there and the trail is on the right hand side. Go down further and there is a street to the right that goes to the trail as seen below (except for the bundled grass kasi may nagbubunot at naglagay ng piled up bunch dyan when I took the shot):

From Filinvest ave/festival mall take Commerce Ave and turn left to the street with black barrels and yellow/black barricade before Petron and same as above.

You'll notice this street because a lot of runners/joggers do rounds here too. HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syano09 View Post
sir, it was a pleasure riding with you again. And bring your camera with you every ride.Para ako naman ang may pektyur.
Thanks din, will be trying to bring my cam coz I think the captured moments outweigh the weight penalty and hopefully it helps with the leg upgrade. Till the next ride sir, thanks sa mga tips again as usual
Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 AM

thanks sir, try ko mag-bike dito, maiba naman
Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Bike Commuter

Arrow Re: Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

Checked out the trail this morning and there were a good number of people. From Las Pinas, Pque, Cavite and Alabang and some of them are joining the event this sat so hitting the trails to train. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get action shots coz I had to leave early for the usual routine and work.

From Las Pinas & Cavite

Hanging out, playing around and chatting after a few rounds before heading home

Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Bike Commuter

mga sirs,
may entrance fee ba dito sa trail?
im a newbie from manila and wanted to hit this one with my friends when time permits.
Can you give me some other details about the trail.

TIA and godspeed!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Bike Commuter

Thumbs up Re: Filinvest/Alabang/FiliCity Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard092306 View Post
mga sirs,
may entrance fee ba dito sa trail?
im a newbie from manila and wanted to hit this one with my friends when time permits.
Can you give me some other details about the trail.

TIA and godspeed!
Walang entrance fee, feel free to drop by the trail. Open lot and switchbacks + hill (pic below)
1. Start sa entrance lang (pic below) kasi first time ko sa exit ako pumasok so kasalubong ko mga bikers. My bad
2. Make sure you watch out when you stay under the trees baka ma victimize kayo ng higad. Hindi pa naman ako nadadali.
3. The flat lot on the other side has a track/trail way too pero twice ko lang dinaanan, if you want you can include it in your ride
4. Enjoy the trail

Then after the ride hangout sa petron/total and you can visit the LBS sa business area behind Total, just go in the entrance then turn left and stay left makikita mo "GT" and "S". Enjoy your ride!!!

Here's a google map for reference: Google Map of Alabang/Filinvest/Filicity Trail
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Downhiller

Sa tinagal tagal ko sa pagpadyak. This is my very first TRAIL experience - 100% rideable, off road, meant for MTB...

Well ung "Wawa Marble" sa may Rodriguez Rizal ang masasabi kong first trail ko, pero hindi siya newbie friendly at not 100% Rideable. hehe

Sa Filinvest Trail, may steep ascents and descents, rough and dry, madaming mga bato, may ilang part na may butas at delikado rin (sa bandang taas), may onting putik ngayon (like 2%???), technical turns, at madamo kung lalagpas ka sa track. Wala namang Entrance Fee, may mga guards na nakabantay sa ilang kanto...

Sarap Dito!...
^_^

JUAN HARI / "King"
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Cross-country

My very first trail experience and my very favorite part of the course...
[IMG][/IMG]

thanks to mam joy and sir thomas!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Downhiller

uhuy namiMiss ko na ito ah.

Ano na kaya itsura dito?
May ginagawa pa naman doon sa isang block na malapit sa gasoline station...

JUAN HARI / "King"
Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 AM

@Choy: Glad you enjoyed the trail. Hope you got the other pictures pa. Actually, it's the same downhill ride but in sequence.

Sharing some of the photos I took during my after-Christmas week-long vacation. The Filinvest trail is my playground.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=27f89d1aa8
Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Whoops, I was supposed to post it here pala.

These are recent vids that I took at the Filinvest trails...

The easy trail ending with the technical downhill portion:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150523272944133

Going up the ridge and going downhill...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150496051299133

Downhill from the ridge and through the "cardio" trail. The cam would slip from my strap so I had to fix it, hence the transitions between the vids. :-P
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150496170424133
Links
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choy81610 View Post
image]image[/url]

Kuya, tour nyo nga ho ako sa filinvest trails on of these days, looking for trails na malapit sa bicutan area ho. Thx..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 PM

Hi sir. I think Camp Bagong Diwa is near Bicutan. It's a PNP camp with bike trails inside. There's a topic about that dito sa forum. I highly recommend it, you just have to contend with the garbage problem in some areas of the trail nga lang (assuming it hasn't been cleaned up...but they do naman). Just register sa guard and you're off!

If you need a guide, just contact some of the guys who posted in that topic, particularly si marv0083. Malapit siya dun and he has biked there many times na.

I'll be at the filinvest trails tomorrow (white maldea bike), siguro around 8am. Feel free to join me, if you're available. Happy trails and ingat, sir!

Just go to this thread if you want more info on Camp Bagong Diwa: http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...=65978&page=10
Old 04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Bike Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choy81610 View Post
image]image[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride1974 View Post
Hi sir. I think Camp Bagong Diwa is near Bicutan. It's a PNP camp with bike trails inside. There's a topic about that dito sa forum. I highly recommend it, you just have to contend with the garbage problem in some areas of the trail nga lang (assuming it hasn't been cleaned up...but they do naman). Just register sa guard and you're off!

If you need a guide, just contact some of the guys who posted in that topic, particularly si marv0083. Malapit siya dun and he has biked there many times na.

I'll be at the filinvest trails tomorrow (white maldea bike), siguro around 8am. Feel free to join me, if you're available. Happy trails and ingat, sir!

Just go to this thread if you want more info on Camp Bagong Diwa: http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...=65978&page=10
Sir, i know the place, sad to say hindi ho sya na maintain maiigi, thats why im hesitant to go there, i used to go to fili trails 2 years ago pero dito sa may bukana lang near army navy, i like the area more than camp bagong diwa and the fort. Looking for quickie rides sa midweek na pwedeng nasa office b4 8am. Pag nag ra ride ng weekdays, mas condition feeling pag weekends.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 AM

Hi MRBIG. Baka nagkataon lang po na di masyado na-maintain yung Camp Bagong Diwa at that time. Last time I was there (January lang), ok pa naman siya. Filinvest is still ok to bike. Was there this morning lang. That's my 'playground', hehe.

Will go on a night ride at Filinvest trails with my brother and other bikers on Easter Sunday night at around 7-ish. Kita kita na lang sa trails if anyone's interested. i'll be on a white Maldea bike. And most likely, the only female biker in the group. ;-)
Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Bike Commuter

Sensya ho madam, covered up ho kayo masyado, kala ko ho di kayo female. Ask ko lang, yung trails sa fili yung nasa harap ng army navy or may iba pa ho? Yung pic ho nyo na may downhill part doesnt look familiar kasi.
Links
Closed Thread

Tags
alabang, filinvest, mountain biking, soshine, trails