PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community
Go Back   PinoyMTBiker Community - Philippine Mountain Bike Community > Images & Videos Gallery > Bike Gallery

Notices

Bike Gallery Post YOUR bike shots here.

Bike Town Cyclery King's Bicycle Store Gran Trail Cycles Global Craze Bikes Newton Multi Sales Decimal Cycle Supply Cycle Art Marketing Deuter backpack, hydration bags & accessories - Dynamic Sports Corp. Comet Cycle Center - SFDM, QC Mars Kingdom Cycle Trading Bike101 Bikeshop Ryder / Maxxis / Infinity Italia / Shimano HitchPro Philippines Red Bike Zone

Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM

Default my first bike. spez hardrock 2010 disc

i think everyone would agree na pang newbie lang talaga ito. its good enough for me pang practice and para familiar sa biking do's and don'ts.

i hope anyone could suggest upgrades for my bike. 7-speeder lang sya. solo rider lang po.
Specialized Hardrock Disc 2010

Last edited by jbadd17; 04-15-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: resize photo
Links
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM

Default Re: my first bike. spez hardrock 2010 disc

nice bike bro!

as for upgrades, i suggest you use your bike first, to determine what riding style you enjoy most. trail riding, all mountain, or just cruising along roads, then find out what you think is lacking in your bike, then start looking for replacement parts. that way, you don't end up wasting your cash on stuff you don't really need.

but for starters, get hydraulic brakes. try the shimano non-series hydros. bang for the buck brakeset. big difference in performance.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulas View Post
nice bike bro!

as for upgrades, i suggest you use your bike first, to determine what riding style you enjoy most. trail riding, all mountain, or just cruising along roads, then find out what you think is lacking in your bike, then start looking for replacement parts. that way, you don't end up wasting your cash on stuff you don't really need.

but for starters, get hydraulic brakes. try the shimano non-series hydros. bang for the buck brakeset. big difference in performance.
sir kulas, thanks for the advice and the compliment. hehe.

i guess you're right, i should at least ride the best out of the bike muna before i buy new parts since practice mode pa naman ako up to now. i see myself climbing and crusin' roads muna for the next few months pa siguro.

as to the brakes, my disc kinda had several adjustments na ng mechanic. it whistles every now and then. dunno why. but the brakes di naman ako nabibitin. haven't tried applying heavy brakes on a fast ride yet. yep, ima google it now na.. thanks again!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Freeride

nice bike you got there... i have the 07 model hardrock sport, converted to single speed, and been using it more often than my fullsus. i love the curves of the new model, but i'm not very fond of the graphics...

regarding the upgrade, if you have the money then do so... but it's not really necessary.

one more thing, hindi pang newbie yung bike na yan. marami na narating yung hardrock ko hehehe.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Bike Commuter

congrats sir! same as what they said...use your bike first.

I have an 08 hardrock pro and it took a while before upgrading the parts. enjoy!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Downhiller

that bike will teach you many things. enjoy it. ride it. a lot.

as far as upgrades...why??? you don't have to or need to. the only legitimate "upgrade" on a built bike like this - and considering you're new - is changing things to make it FIT BETTER for you. that may mean a different saddle, grips, bar or stem, or adjustments in position of same.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM

thank sirs aaron, steampunk, and evilbiker.

newbie minus biker group plus internet equals want for unnecessary upgrades asap. hehe.

kinda wondering though, the suntour fork that goes with the bike warns me to use it only for Leisure Cross Country and never for freeride, downhill, or any hard riding. im worried lang kasi it gives me the impression na parang madali bumigay ang fork na ito:

Description: SR Suntour SF8-XCT-V2, 80mm, 1pc. alloy lower, 28mm Hi-Ten stanchions, coil/mcu spring w/ preload adj., size-specific spring rates, spring assisted seals

there's a 1km concrete downhill stretch near my place that speeds me up to 40 to 50 kmh. tamang tama lang pressure ng gulong ko but i feel na parang bugbog ang resistance ng fork that i keep imagining it would get stuck through my chest (wag naman lord!)... really, i would lean a little bit because i don't want more pressure/weight on it through the handlebars.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
All-Mountain

a colleague of mine has exactly the same bike (di kaya ikaw sya? hehehe) anyway congrats and ride safe
Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Lurker

Nice Bike Sir! Was planning to buy this bike also for my brother. How much did you score on this one and saan? hehe

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Freeride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadd17 View Post
thank sirs aaron, steampunk, and evilbiker.

newbie minus biker group plus internet equals want for unnecessary upgrades asap. hehe.

kinda wondering though, the suntour fork that goes with the bike warns me to use it only for Leisure Cross Country and never for freeride, downhill, or any hard riding. im worried lang kasi it gives me the impression na parang madali bumigay ang fork na ito:

Description: SR Suntour SF8-XCT-V2, 80mm, 1pc. alloy lower, 28mm Hi-Ten stanchions, coil/mcu spring w/ preload adj., size-specific spring rates, spring assisted seals

there's a 1km concrete downhill stretch near my place that speeds me up to 40 to 50 kmh. tamang tama lang pressure ng gulong ko but i feel na parang bugbog ang resistance ng fork that i keep imagining it would get stuck through my chest (wag naman lord!)... really, i would lean a little bit because i don't want more pressure/weight on it through the handlebars.
Dont worry too much about the warnings for the fork because i believe what they mean about downhill is off-road downhill riding which requires a different type of suspension fork. If you lean back to avoid putting pressure on your handle bars, thats the right position when going downhill to avoid flying over the bars. By the way, what do you mean by "bugbog ang resistance ng fork"? I doubt if road riding will "bugbog" your fork unless you do stunts like jumps & drops.

If you really have the itch to upgrade, go for it. There is nothing wrong with buying nice stuff if you can afford it. We here in the forum only advice against it for newbies is for them to avoid unnecessary spending. I/we believe that you need to get to know your equipment 1st before upgrading.

Keep on riding & ride safe!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:14 PM

sir gemini, di po ako taga baguio malamang hindi ako yun.

nordstern1, may "kalampag" kasi even on a fairly smooth surface when its fast na at 40-50kmh. sounds kinda like a fully pressed spring kse parang matigas na yung lift pabalik. no stunts naman ako. can't help but worry, mahirap na to turn this hobby into a tragedy. knock on wood.

re: spending. im convincing myself na to use the bike for practice na lang. mahirap kasi mag upgrade ng parts if my ready built bike needs 60% upgrading. someone PM'd me that the best way to upgrade is to build a new bike na lang. makes sense.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Freeride

If that is the case, then upgrading would a reasonable step. Bottom line is, if youre not happy with your equipment, then you will not be happy with the sport.

To the advice you got regarding building a new bike, i do agree that sometimes its more practical than just upgrading parts but its a case to case basis. In your case, its hard to say since youre new to mtbiking but already in need of better equipment. Anyway, good luck & hope you find a better bike that you'll be happy with & able to ride with confidence.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Freeride

if you don't know the problem. bring it to an experienced mechanic.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 AM

nice bike sir jdabb17! how much budget mo dyan? I agree with the suggestions that you use your rig first be it road or trail. isulit mo muna kungbaga at make your legs stronger first para kahit tumabi ka sa mga high upgraded bikes eh hindi nakakahiya hehehe

Been riding for 6 months pa lang pero consistent every saturday and sunday mostly at sta.rosa-silang trails pero hindi pa ko nag u-upgrade (have a quality bike in Jamis x3!).

padyak lang ng padyak!!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Downhiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadd17 View Post
may "kalampag" kasi even on a fairly smooth surface when its fast na at 40-50kmh. sounds kinda like a fully pressed spring kse parang matigas na yung lift pabalik.
i'm not familiar with what fork comes with it, but if it has basic adjustments like preload and damping, play with those 1st.
Links

Tags
2010, hardrock, newbie, specialized